Operation Developer Love
Over the last month, we have focused on triaging bugs filed by developers and reporting our progress. Last week, the team dedicated an entire day to bugs, which resulted in 334 bugs resolved or closed.
Here is the Bugzilla activity for the past seven days:
- 131 new bugs were reported
- 41 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 20 bugs were fixed (20 previously reported bugs and 0 new bugs)
- As of today, there are 4,344 open bugs in Bugzilla
This week, in the Developer Forum:
- 518 new topics were created
- 328 topics received at least one reply
- Of the 328 threads, 119 were replied to by an admin
- Of the 328 threads, 35 were replied to by a moderator
Also, we published a best practices guide for Platform developers. The guide describes some great tips for handling errors and issues.
User Profile Tab Removal
As we announced in August and again in October, we removed applications tabs from user profiles today. Users were notified of this change with inline messaging on tabs. Please note that this did not impact application tabs in Pages, which are fully supported.
Third Party IDs
Last Friday, we announced that we will provide a mechanism for an anonymous but unique identifier that developers must use when they need to share a user identifier with permitted third parties, such as content partners and advertisers. We are finishing this feature and will provide details next week when it becomes available for general use.
Namita Gupta is a product manager for Facebook Platform.