To celebrate women in technology and provide education and community around building social experiences across the web, we’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Girls in Tech for our first joint 24-hour Facebook Developer Garage and Hackathon in Palo Alto. We hope developers in the Bay Area on September 11-12 will join us.
Here are the details:
What: Facebook Developer Garage - Girls in Tech
When: Saturday, September 11th - Sunday September, 12th
Time: 24 hours, Noon – Noon
Synopsis: Learn about the Graph API and how to create great social experiences from Facebook team members and tech luminaries. Attendees will then build their own social integration during a 24-hour Hackathon.
- Mike Schroepfer (VP of Engineering)
- Sandra Liu Huang (Platform Product Marketing Manager)
- Julie Tung (Platform Engineer)
Panelists, moderated by Facebook’s Randi Zuckerberg and streamed on Facebook Live:
- Jocelyn Goldfein (Dir. Engineering, Facebook)
- Catherine Herdlick (Game Producer, Electronic Arts)
- Sandy Jen (Founder, Meebo)
- Jennifer Pahlka (Founder, Code for America)
The remainder of our 24-hour event will be spent hacking. More details, including information on how to register and how to submit project ideas, can be found on the Facebook Developer Garage - Girls in Tech event page.
Julia Lam is excited to hack the night away with Girls in Tech.