On the last day of 2010, we only have a few updates to share. We are looking forward to an exciting 2011, with more great products, better reliability and improved documentation for developers.
Testing on the Beta Tier
As we outlined several weeks ago, we encourage you to test your applications against our beta tier, beta.facebook.com, starting on Sunday before our weekly push on Tuesday. Testing on beta prior to the production site being updated is the best way to ensure that your application will not be impacted by any changes we have made. If you discover an issue in beta, it gives us all 48 hours to address it before it impacts our shared users. We are publishing a change log that you can use to determine if there are known breaking changes. (We are stilling working on automating this report and ensuring it is complete.) Lastly, we will are now prioritizing bugs reports for issues found on the beta between Sunday and Tuesday, so please include the tier information in bug reports.
Bugzilla activity for the past 7 days:
- 102 new bugs were reported
- 21 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 2 bugs were fixed (1 previously reported bug and 1 new bug)
- As of today, there are 4,164 open bugs in Bugzilla
Developer Forum activity for the past 7 days:
- 366 new topics were created
- 236 new topics received at least one reply in the past week
- Of those, 72 were replied to by an admin
- Of those, 85 were replied to by a moderator
This week we also rolled out a new apps on Facebook.com developer guide. Expect to see many more improvements to the developer site in the new year.
Fran, a product marketing manager for Facebook Platform, is wishing you a Happy New Year.