Mobile app ads help you get more people to install and engage with your app. For background, see Ads Help Center, Mobile App Installs and Engagement. This guide is for all software developers who are setting up an app for app ads.
If you're not a developer, there are technical instructions in this guide to set up and help optimize delivery of your mobile app ads. You should get a developer to complete your initial set up. Once that is complete, you can then create and run app ads in Ads Manager. If you or your organization are working with a Facebook Marketing Partner, your partner can complete all the technical set up you need.
To start, you need to create a Facebook app. This is an object which represents your actual application and stores settings and information for it.
- Setup your App - Register as a developer and create a new Facebook app using our app dashboards. For full documentation, see Register and Configure an App
- Provide Google Play or Apple App Store URL - Optional. When someone clicks your ad, they see it in an app store where they can install it.
- Include Facebook iOS SDK or Android SDK in your app. By default you can track app installs with the SDK
- Add App Events - Optional, but recommended for targeted delivery of your ads to people most likely to take action. App Events API is included in your SDK.
- Verify Your App Ads Setup: Use this developer tool to check that your app is set up for the most efficient ads delivery.
- Create mobile app ads for your mobile or desktop app - The fastest way is in Ads Manager.