Creating 3D Posts
There are three ways to get a 3D asset that meets our asset requirements to appear in a Facebook Post:
- Share a link to a web page that has our Open Graph Sharing metadata tags.
- Share a local asset on an Android device using Android's native Sharing action.
- Drag and drop your asset into Facebook's Post composer and publish it.
We are working on adding SDK support for 3D Posts as well as native iOS sharing.
Drag and Drop
You can drag and drop an asset into the Post composer to preview your asset, or to manually create a 3D Post.
Something Went Wrong
We're having trouble playing this video.
If you are creating a 3D Post via drag and drop:
- Click within the composer window to make sure it has focus before dragging and dropping an asset into it.
- Once you drop your asset into the composer, it will take a few seconds to generate an interactive preview. Once you are able to see the preview you can create your Post.
- If you're testing and don't want anyone to see your Post, you can set its visibility to "Only me" and change it to "Public" when you're ready.
- We recommend that you view the Post in your Feed using the mobile Facebook app to see how your asset renders on iOS and Android devices.