Messenger Brand Guidelines
Below are guidelines that will help you accurately indicate that your app is compatible with the Messenger Platform, while helping you develop your own brand identity, and avoid confusing people or damaging our brand assets. For complete information on Facebook's brand guidelines, please see the Facebook Developer Brand Guidelines and our Brand Permissions Center.
Naming and App Description
You may want to explain how your app is integrated with the Messenger Platform. However, you may not suggest that you are endorsed or sponsored by us.
- Accurately describe how your application works with Messenger, such as "Send GIFs to Messenger" or "Share funny photos with your friends in Messenger"
- Use the naming convention “AppName for Messenger” only if Messenger is the exclusive way of sharing content from your app
- Use names that imitate or could be confused with our trademarks.
- Claim trademark rights in “Messenger"
Icons and Logos
Your icon should represent your brand. We provide a Messenger Platform icon badge that may be used in some circumstances, solely to indicate that your app is integrated with the Messenger Platform. The icon badge does not represent an endorsement, sponsorship, or verification by Facebook.
- Create a unique, platform-appropriate app icon that represents your brand and your product
- Use the provided Photoshop template to add the icon badge to your app icon, only if Messenger is the exclusive way of sharing content from your app
- Adjust the scale of your app icon within the Photoshop template to suit your needs
- Use any other Messenger branding, or any of our trademarks, in your app icon or logo
- Modify the Photoshop template or the resulting icon in any other way, such as by adjusting the masking, changing the size of the icon badge, or adding additional Photoshop layers
- Include the icon badge in any trademark claim or application for your logo
- Use the Messenger buttons provided in the technical documents (iOS and Android) to share content from your app via Messenger
- Display accurate app screenshots depicting the Messenger buttons in context, to show people how they can share content with Messenger
- Modify the Messenger buttons provided
- Use any other buttons to share content to Messenger
- Use the Messenger button assets in any other context
Marketing your App
Your marketing should focus on the unique qualities of your app. You may also indicate that your app is integrated with the Messenger Platform. However, you may not suggest that you are endorsed or sponsored by us. You may not use the Messenger Logo in your marketing.