1. Pre-launch Checklist
Before you launch please be sure to:
- Set a Get Started Button
- Set a Greeting Text and Persistent Menu
- Ensure your bot sends a brief welcome message after someone taps the get started button. This message should help them decide whether your bot is what they want, and give them an overview of what it does.
- Personalize your conversations
- Use Structured messages, buttons and carousels
- Build a way for people to manage the frequency or turn off notifications / alerts you send to them
- Manage failure states throughout your experience
- Look through the available entry points on Messenger Platform and pick ones that will get your bot in front of your target users.
- Configure your email notifications to receive important updates about your app. You should select "All notifications, except the ones you unsubscribe from".
- Review the Messenger Platform Guidelines
2. Test Your Bot
Please test your bot, you may wish to consider:
- Responsiveness - ensure your bot responds quickly
- Error/fail states - Do you provide information fail states? allowing people to recover and re-join the experience?
- User journeys - Are all your user journeys complete?
- Scale - Does your infrastructure scale?
When your app is in Development Mode, your bot will work for admins, developers and testers of the app. After your app is approved and public, it will work for the general public.
4. Make your App Public and Publish Page
After you pass review, make your app public in the App Dashboard under App Review.
Also, make sure your Page is published in Pages settings.