Once your bot has been reviewed for responsiveness, functionality, and policy compliance, you will receive a message asking you to complete business verification or individual verification in the 'Alerts' tab of the app console.
To begin business verification, click the 'Start Business Verification' button in the message. You will be asked to provide the following for the business that owns the app:
1. Basic business information, including business name, address, and phone number.
2. A copy of one of the following documents that prove your business is real:
- Business license (preferred)
- Certificate of formation
- Articles of incorporation document
- Business utility or phone bill
In addition, the document must show your company's legal business name, as well as one of the following:
- Tax ID
- Phone number
Business verification is required once per Business Manager account. Once business verification is complete, any additional apps submitted that are owned by the same Business Manager account will not be asked to complete business verification.
3. The name, job title, and email address of a signatory for the business.
Individual verification is a process that allows us to verify your identity so you can gain limited access to functionality normally reserved for businesses. If you are a non-business developer such as a student or hobbyist, and your app only needs limited access to the Messenger Platform, you can complete individual verification instead of business verification.
Please note that apps that use individual verification may subscribe to receive webhook events for a maximum of 3 Pages.
To complete individual verification, will be asked to provide:
- Your legal name
- Your email address
- A phone number where we can reach you, if necessary
- An image copy of a valid government issued ID (passport, driver's license, ID card, etc.)