Select app permissions
In the 'App Review' section of the Messenger settings for your Facebook app, click the 'Add to Submission' button for each permission your bot requires. Added permissions will appear in the 'Current Submission' section below.
During the review process, our team will test your bot to ensure each of these permissions is needed, and that your bot complies with any related messaging policies. At a minimum, you should request the
pages_messaging permissions, which allows your bot to send messages.
Add Submission Notes
In the 'Current Submission' section, click the 'Edit Notes' button for each requested permission. For each permission, a dialog will be displayed with a form for supplying additional information. Complete each form to provide our team with the required information.
Allow Users to Message Your Page
To receive messages from users, you must enable messaging for your Page. To do this, do the following:
- Go to Page Settings > General.
- In the 'Messages' section, click the 'Edit' button.
- Select the 'Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button' checkbox.
- Click 'Save Changes'
Add Our Reviewers to Your App and Page
You must complete this step. If you do not, our review team will not be able to test your bot.
To enable our review team to fully test your bot, we require that you add two accounts to the 'Tester' roles for your app and the 'Editor' roles for your Page.
Adding Reviewers to Your App
To add our reviewers to your app, do the following:
- In your app settings, go to Roles > Roles.
- In the 'Testers' section, click the 'Add Testers' button. An 'Add Testers' dialog will appear.
- In the 'Add Testers' dialog, enter the following FBIDs: 499653740, 499651771
- Click 'Submit'
Our Reviewers Alejandro Moreno and Elizabeth Thurnberg will appear in the 'Testers' section with a 'pending' status.
Adding Reviewers to Your Page
To add our reviewers to your Page, do the following:
- In your Page settings, click the Page Roles tab.
- In the 'Assign a New Page Role' section, set the role dropdown to 'Editor'.
- In the 'Assign a New Page Role' field, input the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . The name Elizabeth Thurnberg will appear. Select it, and click 'Add'.
- Repeat the previous step with the following email address: email@example.com . The name Alejandro Moreno will appear. Select it, and click 'Add'.
- Click 'Submit'
Our Reviewers Alejandro Moreno and Elizabeth Thurnberg will appear in the 'Editors' section with a 'pending' status.
Make Your Bot Public
Now that you are ready to submit, go to the 'App Review' section of your app settings and flip the switch to change your bot from developer mode to public.
Submit your bot
Click the 'Submit for Review' button to submit your bot! The name of the person who submitted the bot and the time it was submitted will be displayed.
Watch for approval alerts
When your bot is approved, our team will send you a Facebook notification. In the 'App Review for Messenger' section, a green checkmark will appear next to each approved permission.