Ads reporting and analytics with Facebook's Ads Insights APIs.
- Before you run ads, configure to track conversions. Conversions are events you're want to measure such as someone visiting your site or adding an item to a card.
- Retrieve metrics using the Ads Insights API.
Measuring Ad Performance
Facebook provides several APIs to fetch metrics on your ad\'s performance. Learn more about each kind below:
- Ad Insights API - Provides a single, consistent interface to retrieve statistics about Ads, Ad Sets, and Campaigns.
- Keyword Stats, Reference - Stats per keyword used in an ad's targeting.
- Conversion Lift Measurement - Set up a conversion lift study. Measure the impact of your Facebook campaigns and/or determine what strategy is driving the most business impact.
Types of Conversion Tracking
Before you can get data on your ad's performance, you should set up your ads to track the metrics you are interested in. The following are ways to track ads.'
Click Tags - URLs that asynchronously fire when someone clicks on a Facebook ad. Add to each ad when you create the ad.
URL Tags - Strings appended to the link URL of an ad. Add to each ad's creative as you set the creative.
Facebook Pixel - Add this to your website to report actions on your site back to Facebook. You can then track actions on your site that occurred based on Facebook ads.
Mobile Conversions Endpoint -Track events in your mobile app, use Facebook's server-side endpoint to report in-app events. These events can then be attributed back to Facebook ads.
Tracking Specs - Define actions you want to track for specific ads. By default, Facebook tracks certain actions based on your objective but you can add custom tracking with this API.