Learn more about the best option for you.
How to Set Up Instant Articles
- Quickstart Follow these steps to start publishing your own Instant Articles.
- Code Samples Use our sample code to add Instant Articles features to your articles.
- Design Your Instant Articles Control the look and feel of your articles.
- Create an Instant Article Master the basic ingredients of Instant Articles.
- Import Your Instant Articles Import content from your CMS to Facebook.
- Submission Checklist Prepare a sample batch of articles for a one-time review.
- Common Errors and Troubleshooting Tips If you’re stuck, get unstuck.
What You’ll Need
Set up your Instant Articles as simply and speedily as possible. Here’s what you’ll need before you start.
Website or Blog
- Instant Articles are articles from your site that load faster because they’re hosted on Facebook. Instant Articles require a web URL (what we refer to as the “canonical URL”) to make them work.
Access to Your Site’s HTML Code
- ... specifically, its
<head>tag. To connect your site to Instant Articles, you’ll need to verify that you own it. (If an outside firm maintains your website, drop them a line to get help with the simple two-step registration process.)
Your Publication’s Logo
- Every Instant Article has got to have one. Upload a high resolution graphic file during setup.
- The tools you use to set up and manage Instant Articles can be found on your Facebook Page. In order to get access, you’ll need your organization’s Page administrator to give you and other people working on Instant Articles roles on the Page. If you don’t have an existing Facebook Page, it’s easy to set one up.
Some Technical Know-How
- A bit of development expertise is needed to create Instant Articles. Third-party plugins, like WordPress’ or Drupal’s, can get you up and running quickly. If you choose to create articles though our API or an RSS feed or use a custom CMS you’ll need more in-depth experience with XML, HTML and RSS feeds.
- You can customize your Instant Articles style template to reflect the look and feel of your brand—the style editor tool is easy to use. Input from your organization’s designer or art director helps you get the most out of Instant Article’s built-in layout and interactive features.
Pages Manager App
- Download and use Facebook’s mobile app to preview your articles before you set them to live mode. Experience exactly what your readers will see to make sure the layout looks right and all your media assets are getting translated correctly.
5 Sample Articles
- The final step before going live is to submit 5 complete articles for review by our team. The articles can be old or current. They won’t go live as Instant Articles unless you decide to convert them at a later point.
What’s an Instant Article?
An Instant Article is an HTML document that loads very quickly in Facebook. Instant Articles give you the ability to tell rich stories in a branded and customizable article format that renders fast on mobile. With this guide, you’ll learn how to create an Instant Article and use a standardized markup language (similar to XML) to make your stories come alive with custom styles and interactive functionality.
Will Your Instant Articles Post Automatically on Your Facebook Page?
Building an Instant Article does not automatically create a corresponding Facebook post. It is a separate tool meant to enhance your article once someone shares it on Facebook. It simply means that any time a reader on a mobile device is directed to the article’s URL on Facebook, the link will be displayed as an Instant Article.