Instant Games Analytics
This guide contains information about how to navigate data about your game on Facebook Analytics.Go to Facebook Analytics
Filtering Game Data
Once your game is live, you should follow closely your game's behavior in Facebook Analytics. In addition to the custom events logged with
FBInstant.logEvent(), many events and demographic information are logged automatically.
Even if you don't log any custom events, you'll be able to check Analytics to get aggregated and anonymous information about your audience, such as age groups, country, languages spoken, etc.
You'll also be able to see engagement information such as retention, active users, etc. You should be following these closely to validate that your game updates are improving your metrics.
One important distinction to make while using Facebook Analytics, is that the engagement will be tracked for Game Bot and the Instant Game together. To see information about these two surfaces independently, you need to make sure to show data specific to each channel. You can do this by selecting Channel in the Show by dropdown:
Instant Games Data Points
- Instant Game Launches - Logged whenever a user plays the Instant Game.
- Instant Game Update Sends - Logged when the game sends an update.
- Instant Game Update Clicks - Logged when a player clicks to open the Instant Game from a game update.
- Instant Game Session - Logged for each game session in a particular context.
- Instant Game Platform Event - Logged for each entire game session.
- admin_message - Game plays coming from a custom update within a messenger thread
- app_center - Game plays started from the Facebook app center on web.
- bookmark - Game plays coming from the Facebook bookmark
- bot_cta - Game plays that began from a call-to-action attached to a Messenger bot message
- bot_menu - Game plays that began from a Messenger bot menu
- custom_share - Game plays started from custom shares created by the game with the share API
- facebook_web - Game plays started from the Facebook front page on web
- feed - Game plays started from a Facebook feed
- game_composer - Games plays coming from the games selection in a Messenger thread menu
- game_cta - Game plays that began from various call-to-action buttons on Messenger and Facebook
- game_search - Game plays coming from players searching in Messenger and Facebook search
- game_share - Game plays started from a generic player share of the Instant Game
- gameroom - Game plays coming from Facebook Gameroom
- games_hub - Game plays started from the Games tab on Messenger
- group - Game plays that started from an entry point in a Facebook group
- menu - Game plays coming from a Messenger menu
- other - Game plays coming from sources we don't explicitly identify to games currently
- shareable_link - Game plays that began from a deep link to the game (such as our Instant Game “m.me” links)
- score_share - Game plays that started from a played-shared score
- video_call - Game plays coming from the Messenger video chat entry point
- single - Context Sessions in a context where only one participant is an active player of the game (including solo context plays).
- pair - Context Sessions in a context with 2 participants who are active players of the game.
- group - Context Sessions in a context with 3+ participants who are active players of the game.
- thread - Context Sessions in a Messenger thread context.
- post - Context Sessions from a Facebook post.
- group - Context Sessions from a Facebook group.
- solo - Sessions in a solo (alone) context.