Permissions / Login Review
If your app asks for more than than
user_friends it will require review by Facebook before your app can be used by people other than the app's developers.
The time to review your app is usually about 7 business days. Some extra-sensitive permissions, as noted below, can take up to 14 business days.Login Review Guide
Permissions are placed into categories that reflect how they are presented to people and the review process.
Some sets of permissions are more sensitive than others and people can opt-out of providing access to them, even if you ask. Optional permissions show up on a separate dialog during the login process, and the person can press the 'Skip' button to not grant your app permission to access that set of data.
Permissions That Do Not Require Review
- Public profile (default) permissions. The default includes some basic attributes about the person, which are part of a person's public profile on Facebook. The default permissions are included as part of every permissions request, but require slightly different handling on the web and native mobile platforms.
- App friends. This optional permission grants your app the ability to read a list of friends who also use your app.
- Email permissions. This gives you access to the person's primary email address.
Permissions That Require Review
Permissions that require review are generally reviewed within 3 business days. Some permissions may take up to 7 days to review, and are marked as such in the reference.
- Extended profile properties. These permissions are all sensitive properties that may or may not be part of a person's public profile.
- Extended permissions. These include the most sensitive pieces of profile information. One of the these permissions is publishing stories to a person's Facebook profile. All extended permissions appear on a separate screen during the login flow so a person can decide if they want to grant them.
- Open Graph permissions. These permissions are for gaining access to any Open Graph data stored in someone's profile.
- Page permissions. This permission allows you to administer any Facebook Pages that the person manages.