Getting Started with the Facebook Audience Network
Facebook's Audience Network allows you to monetize your iOS and Android apps with targeted ads. This guides walks you through steps to get started on Audience Network.
Getting Started Steps
- You need to be logged in with your Facebook account while performing these steps. Make sure you log in with your real Facebook account and not use a fake account or a duplicate account that you create for work purposes. Such accounts will be flagged by our integrity systems and disabled.
- You need to have an iOS or Android app that you want to monetize with Audience Network.
- To go live with Audience Network in your mobile app, iOS apps must be available on the Apple App store and Android apps must be available on the Google Play store. You can integrate Audience Network and test the integration before your apps are available on those stores.
Step 1: Configure Your App on Facebook
You must be logged into Facebook to start.
Configure your app for Audience Network by clicking the button below and following on screen instructions. The dialog will create a new Facebook app with Audience Network enabled, or enable it on an existing app. It will then take you to the Audience Network section of the app dashboard to continue the configuration process.Configure Facebook App
At the end of this step you should have a Facebook app that's enabled for Audience Network.
Step 2: Configure Ad Placements
Insights and performance data are broken down by placement so you should create a separate placement for each ad location in your app. Also, be sure to give those placements easily recognizable names e.g. iOS_home_screen, android_settings_screen, mweb_home_page, etc. This will give you better insights and performance calibration and allow you to easily distinguish the placements.
Each ad unit in your app is identified using a unique placement ID. The previous step should have left you with a Facebook app that has Audience Network enabled. This step will guide you through creating and configuring an ad placement. You can also create multiple new placements at this time if your app or mobile website have multiple ad units.
- Navigate to your app's Audience Network settings by going to
https://developers.facebook.com/apps/<your_app_id>/audience-network/. If you don't know your app id, you can go to your Facebook apps, click on the app that you enabled for Audience Network and click on the Audience Network tab under Products on the left.
- In the Placement section, click Create Ad Placement
- Change the Name to something easy to recognize.
- Add the steps that a person must take in your app in order to trigger the ad.
- Select Display Format. Audience Network supports three ad formats: Native, Interstitial (available for mobile apps only) and Banner. For more information, see Ad Design.
- The bottom slider allows you to optimize ad pricing for this placement. In most cases Optimize for Fill will yield the highest revenue. Selecting Optimize for CPM will give higher price per impression but will reduce the fill rate. This may be the right setting if you are using mediation with multiple demand sources and are less concerned about unfilled requests.
- Click Save to save the placement configuration.
You should now have a Facebook app configured with Audience Network and at least one ad placement. You should also have configured the placement with the ad display format and price optimization you need, and have given it a recognizable name. Next step is showing ads in your app or on your mobile website by integrating the Audience Network SDK.
Step 3: Show Audience Network Ads
You are now ready to integrate the Audience Network SDK into your app or mobile website and begin showing ads. Follow the implementation guide for your platform.
At the end of this step, you should have Audience Network ads showing in at least one placement within your app or mobile website.
Step 4: Submit For Review
By now you have a working and tested integration of Audience Network in your app. Your app is live on the iOS App store and/or the Google Play store. You're now ready to submit your app for review. Once your app is approved, it will automatically start showing real ads.
Submit Your App for Review
To review your mobile apps, iOS apps must be available on the Apple App store and Android apps must be available on the Google Play store. Follow these steps to submit your mobile app for review:
- Navigate to your app's Audience Network settings by going to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/<your_app_id>/audience-network/. If you don't know your app id, you can go to your Facebook apps, click on the app that you enabled for Audience Network and click on the Audience Network tab under Products on the left. Click on the Apps and Websites section.
- In the Add Apps box click Add App.
- Enter the URL to your app on the iTunes App store or Google Play store. You should see your app in the drop down list. If your app isn't showing, check the URL to make sure it points to the right app on one of the two supported app stores.
- Once you enter your app URL and submit it, it'll show up in the list of Your Apps with a status of Not Started.
- Each bundle/package that you add is in Not Started status until we receive an ad request from that bundle/package. The request can come from any user including app developers, admins and testers or any user who installed your app from the app store. At that point the status changes to Pending Review. Once the review is completed, the status will change to reflect the review outcome. Learn more about adding apps and websites to our review process.
If you intend to show Audience Network ads on multiple mobile application bundles, you will need to input them one by one.
Step 5: Provide Payout Information
To start making money on Audience Network, you'll need to fill out your company and bank information in the Payout tab. Note that if this isn't your first app using Audience Network then you will need to select it from the list of companies you admin and add it to this app. If you do not see your existing company in the list of available companies it's probably because you're not a company admin. You can resolve this by getting a user who is both a company admin and an app admin to add the company to the app.
We will stop showing ads in your app if your account balance hits $100 USD without submitting this information. Once you provide payout information, we will resume ads in your app or mobile website. Learn more in the Getting Paid FAQ here.
- Go to your Facebook app settings and click on Payout.
- Enter your company information then click
Continueto follow the flow and enter all necessary information.
- Once we receive all necessary information and your app reaches at least $100 of ad revenue, it becomes eligible to receive payment. See the Payment FAQ for more information about payment setup and schedule.