Effect icons represent your effect in the Facebook camera and are often the first thing people see of your effect. Creating an expressive and memorable icon will help people notice and recognize your effect. Effect icons won't be used for attribution in News Feed.
Download the template file that includes the Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch files to get started. You'll upload your effect icon along with your effect once it's built and ready to publish.
Tips and Tricks
Follow icon formatting guidelines
- Format: Use JPG for icons with no transparency, otherwise PNG with transparency turned on. The maximum file size is 1MB.
- Dimensions: 400px square, 72ppi.
Note: Please upload the original square icon.
Represent your effect simply and test visibility at the actual size on a mobile device
- Use simple shapes, sharp lines and bright colors.
- Focus on representing the big theme or themes of your effect, instead of representing a small/detailed version of your full effect.]
- If you choose to represent your effect with intellectual property (examples: a logo, name or movie title), please keep in mind that text legibility is extremely limited. It's likely that most people won't be able to make it out.
Provide a short alternative text label for your icon
- This makes your effect more accessible to people with visual impairments, who are using screen readers. These labels aren't visible on-screen.