Get specific about who you’d like to reach with your Facebook Ads. You can target people by:
- Location: Reach people in the areas where your app is available. You can target people at the country level or local level like cities.
- Demographics: Choose the audience for your ad based on demographics like age, gender, education and more. For example, you can create different ads to appeal to new graduates, people who just got engaged, or moms or dads.
- Interests: Reach people based on their interests and activities on Facebook. For example, if your app is selling flights, you can reach people who are interested in traveling or hotels.
- Behaviors: Find people based on their purchase behaviors, the devices they use and other activities. For example, you can reach people who are business travelers, who are gamers or who use a specific type of phone.
- Connections: Reach people who like your Page or your app, or who are attending your event–and their friends. For example, you can promote an event to people who like your Page. For more information see app connection targeting.
Watch our video tutorial on how to choose your ad audience on Facebook for Business.Video: Choose Your Ad Audience
Special Targeting Options for Mobile Apps
- Platform: Android, iOS or Amazon App Store
- OS versions: Jellybean 2.3, iOS 5.0, etc. or you can set a min or max OS version.
- Devices: Within Android and iOS, you can also select the specific device model you are interested in reaching. For example, you can choose to reach a Samsung Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s, Amazon Fire Tablets or an HTC One.
- WiFi-only: If you are interested in reaching devices that specifically have WiFi only connection.
- Connections: See App Connection Targeting.
You can add further targeting options to reach people in the demographic, interest, and broad category groups that are relevant to your app. These targeting options are also available via the API.
App Connection Targeting
With connections targeting you can target people by their connection to your apps, Pages and other criteria. The availability of connection targeting options depends on your ad objective (app install ads or engagement ads).
To target by app connection you need to integrate the Facebook SDK for Android or iOS into your app.
For App Install Ads
When choosing the objective Get install of your app your connection targeting options are:
- Include people who used your app
- Include friends of people who used your app
- Exclude people who used your app
For Engagement Ads
When choosing the objective Increase engagement in your app* your connection targeting options are:
- All people
- Only people connected to your app
- Only people not connected to your app
- Advanced connection targeting
Advanced connection targeting
Via advanced connection targeting you can further define to include or exclude people who are connected to one of your Pages, apps or events.
You can also check the setting to target people who have installed your mobile app (Install State), which is a short-cut for the advanced connection targeting setting include people whoe are connected to your app.