- Measure installs
- Measure app events
- Add deep linking to your ads
- Bring people back to your app
- Improve targeting
- Encourage purchases
- Create re-engagement ads
- Measure in-app conversions
For information about using the Windows SDK for Facebook developed by Microsoft, see Windows SDK for Facebook.
Step-by-Step: Facebook SDK Setup
1. Facebook App ID
2. Link Ad Accounts
- Go to the app dashboard
- Choose your app.
- Navigate to "Settings > Advanced" and add accounts via the
Authorized Ad Account IDsinput field.
3. Add the Facebook SDK to your app
For iOS / Android: You do not need to add any functionality like Sharing or Login with Facebook.
4. More Tracking Methods
If you want to track other app events like a person making a purchase, visit our App Events guide.
Example: Log Purchase
[FBSDKAppEvents logPurchase:4.32 currency:@"USD"];
Example: Custom Event
App Events Guide
Verify Setup (for iOS/Android)
Once you completed the step-by-step guide and use your app tracking will start. You can verify that app events and the Facebook SDK are working properly via the App Ads Helper:Verify Setup
Keep in Mind
- App ID: The app ID used in your app must match the app ID used in your ad.
- Advertising Accounts: If you want other people or companies to run ads on behalf of your app, you can associate advertising accounts with your app via the App Dashboard: From the settings tab, choose Advanced > Advertising Accounts.