Facebook Analytics Quickstart Guide for Bots for Messenger
This guide is intended to help you set up Facebook Analytics quickly so you can see data, analyze trends, and better understand the behavior of people who use your app.
1. Logging Events
As soon as you have Messenger Bots running,predefined app events
are automatically logged by the Messenger Platform.
In addition to the predefined events, bots can logcustom events
by using theApplication Activities Graph API
describes the properties and values that must be provided to the endpoint to log custom bot events. Here is anexample
App Event Builder
You can use the following app event builder to create code for both custom events and predefined events.
2. Verifying Event Logging in Facebook Analytics
If you're an admin or a developer of a bot for Messenger, you can validate that you've correctly implemented custom event logging in Facebook Analytics. Please see our documentation on indebugging events
in Facebook Analytics to learn how to verify that events are being logged.
Take a Guided Tour of Facebook Analytics
The demo app does not have an Event Debugging link. This link is only available in apps that you create.
- Log more app events with additional data, including purchase value, custom parameters and more.
- View the Facebook Analytics Help Center, where you'll find frequently asked questions and videos that help you get the most out of your data.
- Read the App Events Best Practices Guide for recommendations regarding which events to use in various types of apps.
- Visit analytics.facebook.com for a great summary of the key features, customer stories and more.