App Events and Analytics for Account Kit
With App Events and Analytics for Account Kit, you can gather anonymized, aggregate demographic data about the people signing up for your iOS, Android and web application with Account Kit.
Prerequisites for mobile
- You must have the Facebook SDK integrated into your application - see the documentation for iOS or Android.
- You must have App Events turned on for your application - see the App Events documentation for details.
- You must have the Account Kit SDK integrated into your application see the documentation for Account Kit integration on iOS or Android.
App Events are on by default in web.
Once you have followed these steps, your application will record Account Kit events with no further development effort on your part.
Note: You do not need to have Facebook Login enabled in order to use App Events for Account Kit.
What data is collected?
On the client side, we collect the following events:
- Account Kit login impressions: Logged when the user is shown an email or phone number entry dialog.
- Account Kit login starts: Logged when an email or phone number is entered and the action button is clicked.
- Account Kit login attempts: Logged when the action button is clicked to complete the login. Ex: Confirming code
- Account Kit logged in: Logged after the user has completed the flow and is able to retrieve an access token.
The events flow like so: Login impression → Login start → Login attempt → Logged In
On the server side, the following event is recorded:
- Account Kit notification sent: Logged when the server sends any kind of confirmation.
You can view the breakdown of notification types that are being sent.
Viewing Raw Event Counts
To see the counts for the raw client events, navigate to the Events tab under the Activity menu. It will display both the raw count as well as the number of unique users.
To see a funnel using the client events, navigate to the Funnels tab under the Activity menu. If you have already been sending client events, the Account Kit funnel should already be selectable.
- For SDK versions 4.22 or greater, the funnel will contain 4 events: Login impression → Login start → Login attempt → Logged In.
- For SDK versions less than 4.22, the funnel will contain 3 events: Login impression → Login start → Logged In.
You can customize the funnel to your liking by filtering with parameters or by creating new funnels with the Account Kit client events. For example, filtering the event login attempts by verification method can show how many users are verified by confirmation code vs instant verification.
To see analytics for your application, click the View Analytics link at the top of your application's dashboard in the developer portal:
In the Analytics dashboard, select Account Kit from the Facebook Platform menu:
The Account Kit Analytics Dashboard
Summary data and login activity
At the top of the Account Kit dashboard is a summary of login data:
Note that the data may be broken out by channel (Android or iOS) or by login type (email or phone) using the dropdown on the right. This also goes for the New Logins graph:
You may also view a graph of daily, weekly, and monthly active user counts:
Login flow events
To understand your signup conversion funnel, you can view a number of events related to the Account Kit login flow. These events include confirmations sent:
Conversions (how many people enter the login flow, and how many complete it:
Finally, you may view counts of raw login events, including impressions (times an email address or phone number form was shown), opens (times a notification was acted upon), and completions (times the login flow was completed). Optionally, these events may be filtered by channel (iOS or Android) or login type (email or phone):
Aggregate demographic data for users is available, including gender, country, and language:
Turning off App Events