App Subscriptions vs Page Subscriptions for Instagram

Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is a really basic question but i'm struggling a bit to wrap my head around what i need to configure.

I don't really understand the difference between subscribing your app to objects and fields and subscribing pages that use your app to objects and fields. Doesn't one just inherit from the other? Do i need to subscribe to both.

The reason that this has came to question is because of the instagram webhooks documentation: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/guides/webhooks/ suggests "The Page connected to the app user's account must have Page subscriptions enabled.". I initially took this to mean that you need to have the App subscribed to the objects/fields but it seems to need both.

Also in regards to this "The Business connected to the app user's Page must be verified." Does this mean that the Facebook page needs to have a blue verification tick or something else entirely? We have many different users from different companies using our app. The webhooks actually work for my colleague but not myself (neither of us have a verified page though)

Appreciate any help.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Nick
Asked about a month ago