Do I need to go through all these hoops just to post photos from an instagram feed into a website?

Hey, I'm currently following the tutorial of setting up a test user, and there's now 20 more obstacles in the way to just take photos from an Instagram feed and load them into a carousel on a website.

1)Do I need to do all of this if my website doesn't even require a login? The "test user" account is public 2)Is "creating an app" even necessary since the scope of this project is so small?

Gary
Asked about 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer

To publish content, your test account cannot be non-business. This page explaining Instagram Graph API will explain to you what you are allowed to do currently with the API.

Adding on to that, posting into a carousel is currently unavailable (as well)... Here's a list of the current unavailable features that we all desire to see ASAP: - Auto-posting for Carousels and Stories - Scheduling IGTV posts - Liking comments - ​Data concerning swipe up links in Stories - Instagram Live - DM's (or direct messages) - Stories stickers, GIFs, Locations, Hashtags etc. - Shoppable links - Follow Hashtags - Story Highlights - Stories that you are @mentioned in that you have added to your own Story via Add This To Your Story (this was available but was removed as of 5th Dec 2018) - New Discovery breakdown (non-followers vs. followers, discover through hashtag etc.) - IGTV analytics - Story poll results/slider results - Spotify integration - Music - Video chat - iOS/Android reach breakdown - Instagram checkout - ​Branded content posts (eg. marking a post as "Paid partnership") - ​Promoted post analytics for Carousel posts - Views for promoted video posts (we can show organic views only) - Saves for promoted posts (we can show organic saves only)

February 16 at 8:11 PM
Michael
Gary

thank you!

February 17 at 2:07 PM

If you only want to display photos from your own account on a website, you don't need to go through all of that. Just add the user as a test user and use the API. It's only when you need to make the app live and allow others (non-test users) to sign in and display their photos.

Or use one of the many Instagram widget services that exists to do this.

February 16 at 10:02 PM
Herman
Gary

thank you!

February 17 at 2:07 PM