Page Public Content Access -- what constitutes a valid use case?

Has anyone successfully gotten approved via app review for Page Public Content Access? Our app reads public posts from various accounts which we don't have admin access to. Despite this, our app has been rejected twice with advice to use manage_pages (we have this, it only helps us read our own account) or read_insights (we don't care about insights, just posts).

I'm wondering what would constitute a valid use case. I see several other users in this forum who have been similarly rejected. FB suggests to come and figure it out here, but it's not like there are FB devs answering these questions.

If anyone knows how to appeal to an actual dev at FB instead of this black box process, that would also be helpful to know.

Thanks, Tim

Tim
Asked about 2 years ago
Selected Answer

Hi Tim

You need to provide a valid reason for needing this level of access. You can see the "Allowed Usage" below - Provide aggregated, anonymized public content for competitive analysis and benchmarking - Ability to search for public Pages on Facebook

When submitting for App Review, you need to demonstrate clearly how your app supports one of these two things.

If you can explain a little more about how you plan to use the API, we might be able to help you a little more.

Thanks John

September 9 at 9:29 AM
John
Kyle

Their documentation that is being referenced here isn't quite accurate. All of our requests have been denied and the reviewers are strict that there is only one case.

To read and analyze insights from other pages where you are not the admin.

If you don't adhere to this case, you will not get approved.

September 9 at 9:54 AM
Grzesiek

Hi Kyle,

Does it really looks like this? Does our platform need to implement use case "To read and analyze insights from other pages where you are not the admin."?

At the moment we don't analyze insights from the pages that we are not admins and I don't think we will do.

We were using this permission to get Facebook Page name to be able to send advertiser access request and to be able to notify interested client that access to this specific page was requested or declined (in this cases we don't have access to that page so manage_pages doesn't solve it) and to get Page Name we need Page Public Content Access.

Best, Grzegorz

September 11 at 12:16 AM
ヴァリエンテ フロリアン

Hi John,

• Provide aggregated, anonymized public content for competitive analysis and benchmarking
  • Ability to search for public Pages on Facebook

When submitting for App Review, you need to demonstrate clearly how your app supports one of these two things.

My app clearly shows that I use the permission to SEARCH for pages, but they keep telling me I need to add benchmarking capabilities in order to get approved.

November 14 at 5:45 PM