Partial Outageshare-external
Pages Public Content Access required in dev mode

My goal is to get posts' comments from the page in which I am one of the administrators. I tried the get-post endpoint out on the Graph API explorer and got a "Pages Public Content Access requires either app secret proof or an app token" error. I somehow couldn't request for publish_pages permission as it was "Invalid scope".

As for the new update, there are only a few permissions I could ask for in explorer for an app in development mode.

Though, it's my own page, it's supposed to be able for me to collect data. How could I get around with this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Trân
Asked about 4 years ago
Selected Answer

It turns out I chose the wrong type to create my facebook app. I chose to create a "Business Connected Experiences" app instead of a "Manage Business Integrations" one, so I couldn't fully access to the permissions I need to query on my own page. The former only doesn't provide me the pages_user_read_content and the likes, so it was unable for me to read comments from posts. Besides, I also use an user token instead of a page token (Thanks Lars for pointing this out for me).

Hope this will help someone someday.

October 24 at 9:44 AM
Trân
Selected Answer

Pages Public Content Access required in dev mod

Ans :- Yes, It necessary to get the public profile information and it is request by the administrator to verify the business verification from the developer Facebook account. So first we can allow the permission from the developer app after that we can access the all info.

Thanks

Sunil Verma

[...]

June 6 at 9:23 AM
Sunil
Lars

No, PPCA isn't related to public profile nor is PPCA a permission, but a feature

June 6 at 9:37 AM
Sunil

To resolve this issue, you need to request the "Page Public Content Access" permission for your Facebook app. Here's how you can do it:

Go to the Facebook Developer Dashboard (https://developers.facebook.com/) and navigate to your app.

Click on the "App Review" tab in the left sidebar.

Under the "App Review for Facebook Login" section, you'll find a list of permissions. Locate the "Page Public Content Access" permission and click on the "Start a Submission" button next to it.

You'll be asked to provide details about how your app intends to use this permission. Provide a clear and detailed explanation of how your app will use the "Page Public Content Access" permission to access public content.

Submit your request for review. Facebook will review your request and determine whether to approve or reject it. The review process may take some time.

Once your request is approved, you will be able to access public content using the "Page Public Content Access" permission in your app, even in development mode.

Note: The "Page Public Content Access" permission is subject to stricter review by Facebook due to privacy concerns. You'll need to ensure that your app follows Facebook's policies and guidelines regarding data usage and user privacy.

It's important to note that if you only need to access your own Facebook Page's content, you can use the "Page Access Token" instead of requesting the "Page Public Content Access" permission. The "Page Access Token" allows your app to access and manage your own Page without requiring additional permissions.

June 7 at 12:15 AM

You can test this with your own page and user

October 24 at 7:27 AM
Lars
Trân

I do use my own page and user. Still, I got the error "This endpoint requires the 'pages_read_user_content' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature"

October 24 at 8:46 AM
Lars

Then you probably don’t use a page token valid for that specific page

October 24 at 8:49 AM
Trân

I'm testing it on Graph API Explorer, so the correct page access token is automatically generated for me there, isn't it? I also added the appsecret_proof field but it didn't help :(

October 24 at 8:54 AM
Lars

You need to use a page token, not an app or user token

October 24 at 8:55 AM
Trân

Thanks sooo much for your help! I really did use an user token to ask for a page content, so I changed from using user token to app token as you said. Though it still didnt work, later then, I figured out that I chose the wrong type to create my app so I didn't get the permissions I wanted.

October 24 at 9:40 AM