Does the prohibition on using in-app browsers for logging in to Facebook also apply to Instagram?

One of the stated reasons for denial of an app during Facebook app review is "Your app is embedding the Facebook Login dialog inside a custom web view". This section further states that "Submissions for mobile apps that display Facebook Login within in-app web views will be rejected."

Is the same true if my mobile app uses the standard Instagram web login within an in-app web view?

If so, what is the recommended pattern in an Android mobile app to provide login capability and permissions verification for a user's Instagram account?

I had both Facebook and Instagram login working using WebView, until I ran across the above warning in the "App Verification Details" post (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/app-review/support/rejection-guides/app-verification#we-are-unable-to-verify-the-permission-s--requested-while-testing-your-app).

I have subsequently swapped out the WebView approach for an activity that incorporates the Facebook Login Button per the examples - but my question is do I have to do something similar for Instagram? If so, am I supposed to combine the permissions I need for both FaceBook and Instagram into a single utilization of the Login Button or is that button only for Facebook?

Tad
Asked about 3 years ago
Tad

Btw I am using the Instagram Basic API, not the Graph API in my app.

December 2 at 5:03 PM
Tad

Could I please get some guidance on this question? I still do not see a "recommended approach" for integrating an Android app to Instagram in terms of how to properly guide a user to granting the permissions needed to access their photos and videos.

If I use the stock auth flow as show in the Instagram docs, the process stops once Instagram performs the auth redirect to the Url given on the Instagram setup page. This Url will not accept a "custom" Url that would normally redirect back to the app using a deep link. Help!

December 9 at 6:12 AM