For Your Account Security Logging Into From An Embedded Browser Is Disabled

I am building a hybrid app that is just using the share dialogs for Android and iOS.

iOS is working great and Android is also working great IF the facebook app is installed. On this emulator, it is not and I get an error when I try to log in to use the share dialog.

"For your account security, logging into Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled"

I am using SDK version 9. I am using a relatively old simulator to make sure we have good compatibility. I have enabled embedded logins from our business app dashboard. Can anyone tell me what's going on here and how to allow it?

Christopher
Asked about 3 years ago
Christopher

To be clear, it is definitely opening an embedded browser to do the login. I just have no idea why it would be blocking the login

June 17 at 12:46 PM
Christopher

Using a facebook generated user worked

June 17 at 2:17 PM
Geoffrey

Can you share what did you do to allow the user to login? I'm getting the same error

June 17 at 10:49 PM
Christopher

I just got a test user from facebook in the business dashboard. I still don't have it working with a real user

June 22 at 3:00 PM
Cristiano

have the same problem. Any progress?

June 22 at 9:09 PM
陳盈如

I got the same issue, but not happened on every device, from now on, iphone8 ios14.6 is blocked from facebook embed login on app webview

June 24 at 3:55 AM
Bìlal

I am having the same issue but not with devices, with accounts. Some accounts are blocked while others work on same device.

June 24 at 9:43 AM
Dmitry

We've received many reports from users experiencing this issue, and I can consistently reproduce this with my personal Instagram account, linked to my personal Facebook account.

June 28 at 9:40 AM
Christopher

Anyone seeing this, please use the Same Here button on this bug: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/2877958252518195/?join_id=f11bcd07c86b6

June 28 at 12:20 PM
Michael

Not sure if you have seen this post yet. Looks like it will not be supported as soon as August: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2021/06/28/deprecating-support-fb-login-authentication-android-embedded-browsers/

July 11 at 10:04 AM
Nayak

[...]

October 14 at 8:50 AM
Nayak

[...]

Nayak

Blair

Trying to implement a Meetup API login, having the same issue

December 10 at 8:35 AM
Selected Answer

I've updated to 15.2.0 and it's partially solved. Here's what would happen after upgrading: 1. If I'm not logged in to FB app, it works fine. From my app, if I login via Facebook, it will show new modern UI 2. If I'm logged in to FB app, then switch to a page profile, go back to my app, login via Facebook, it will show the old webview UI. It'll show error message "For Your Account Security Logging Into From An Embedded Browser Is Disabled" after I enter FB email/password. If I log out from FB app, login again, it'll work.

So the key thing with the new SDK version is that if you have ever switch to a page profile on your FB app, it won't let you login via FB unless you logout on your FB app. This page profile thing was introduced recently https://www.facebook.com/help/123930246348340

December 21 at 4:14 AM
Hung

How do I resolve this?

July 13 at 12:46 AM
Adrian
Justin

Hi Adrian, I've posted an answer myself, which contains information it's not going to be fixed sadly enough.

July 15 at 1:25 AM

Login disabled For your account security, logging in to Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled. To continue, download and log in to the Facebook app on your device and try again.

March 9 at 7:09 AM
S R

For those who have missed it, this function has been removed due too security. Hope this answer helps you out, even though it does not contain a fix.

Deprecating support for FB Login authentication on Android embedded browsers https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2021/06/28/deprecating-support-fb-login-authentication-android-embedded-browsers/

July 14 at 2:42 AM
Justin
Kunwar

Yes, I just saw. Its working with a test user but not on production

July 28 at 11:57 AM
陳韻台

What is the actual restriction date of this policy?

August 20 at 3:42 PM
Justin

Beginning of august, see the linked article. So it's already deprecated

August 21 at 1:17 AM

How did you solve this issue?

June 17 at 10:47 PM
Geoffrey
Georgios

I dont think he did - he says he used a test user to test and it worked. But I get the same error and can't login with a real user in production so...

June 20 at 2:14 AM
Christopher

Geoffrey, I hate to ask you to do this, but can you pull your answer? It makes it look like there is an answer when there really isn't. No hard feelings, I'm just desperate to get this answered

June 22 at 2:49 PM
Ankit

When and How this problem will be solved? if there is an update about it please share

July 6 at 9:10 PM
Geoffrey

Hello Christopher, sorry to mislead you about my post, I'm also desperate to get answer for this problem. FB is not responsive in this issue. :(

July 7 at 1:14 AM
Justin

Hi Christopher, I've posted an answer myself, which contains information it's not going to be fixed sadly enough.

July 15 at 1:25 AM