I cannot verify my business, button grayed out

Hello, I have a problem with business verification. App review page says I need to verify my business, but the button is grayed out so I cannot do it. Can you tell me what should I do to make my business verified?

Michał
Asked about 2 years ago
Yoav

Same problem here. Any idea how to start verification?

November 11 at 4:40 AM
Selected Answer

I just did this. You need to click on the links and follow the pages to your Developer Business Account (https://business.facebook.com/settings/info/?business_id=[your business ID]), and Verify your business with a 2-step authentication. FB will call or Text you. They also verify your business address with USPS (if you are in the United States).

The calls did not work for the first 2 times, first it cut-off the number, then it didn't answer correctly. But it DID WORK on the 3rd attempt by me. (note for FB here)

Then you need to go and find the Contract, and have it SENT to your email. The UX on this is NOT EASILY CLEAR. To find the contract, scroll down the Developer Business Settings Page (same link as above).

Then open your email and click the link to review and Sign the contract.

I hope this gets more clear in the future. It's took me over 2 hours to build and new ScreenCast, Submit our App for the 3rd time and do this verification. Hopefully it works for us this time.

Good Luck to you. If you have further questions, post them and I'll see if I can answer them.

June 11 at 3:21 PM
Ryan
Michał

Sorry but it did not help. Button "Start verification" on page https://business.facebook.com/settings/security?business_id=425427881578208 is grayed out, so I cannot click it. Look at my screenshot attached.

June 11 at 11:42 PM

I see that it is greyed out. Hmm. There is a Place to ask a direct question to the App Review team. Maybe turn on 2 step authentication. Does that make a difference?

June 12 at 2:47 PM
Ryan

Was there ever a solution to this? I would like to verify our business seeing we are a legitimately ran entity and have been for well over 15 years but FB seems to think otherwise as our button is greyed out and nothing I do or see can explain how to access the verification process

October 18 at 11:11 AM
Matt
Akshay

see below

September 10 at 11:54 AM
Jonno

Akshay solved this

November 20 at 6:30 PM

my business verification didnt go first time through. we were developing a mobile app business but they insisted on us having a website address. So we built a website , after which we resubmitted the documents, but there has been no answer for weeks. no customer support for business, nothing at all , i sent tens of messages on contact facebook look , absolutely a deaf ear .... atleast they could reply with a reject or some documentation missing etc ... absolutely nothing.. worst form of customer services ever, not even a single contact number ( where atleast one could wait for hours) and no live chat .. absolutely nothing..

October 8 at 2:14 PM
Genie

Create an App and link it to your bussiness id. This App should be visible under Business settings->Accounts-App

October 20 at 4:03 AM
Binny

Hi. I can't click in the bottom either. Any help?

November 22 at 9:06 AM
Manu
Dinesh

Please check the solution provided by Akshay

December 20 at 3:41 PM

Hi Just went through this. Facebook support was very unhelpful honestly. This is the workaround that worked for me

1. Make sure you have completed your business information on the settings -> About section of the business manager page
  2. Turn on 2-factor authorisation for your admin users
  3. If the option still doesn't appear - go to the facebook developer page and create an app - https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
  4. Associate the new app with your Facebook Business Page
  5. In your App dashboard - go to settings and basic and scroll down to business verificatio
  6. Click on verify here - for some absurd reason it works! - you will need to upload tax documents etc to verify

Hope this helps

September 10 at 11:54 AM
Akshay
Işın

This worked for me Akshay! Thank you so much!

October 29 at 3:27 PM
Jonno

This worked, thanks so much for your help

November 20 at 6:29 PM
Chinmay

This worked. Thank you so much for help

December 5 at 1:35 AM
Mohamed

it worked, thank you.

February 1 at 4:23 AM
Dan

Wow. Thank you for posting this. It works. Trying to get help through Facebook has been impossible. This is a bug, among many, that keeps business owners from paying them money. You'd think they would fix it.

February 6 at 4:04 AM