This week, we published a How-To on using ETags with the Graph API, announced increased ticket availability for our upcoming Mobile Hack and launched the following changes:
Improved Comments Box for Mobile
We've updated the Comments Box to optimize the experience for mobile visitors and more closely resemble the mobile Facebook experience.
The social plugin automatically displays the new view based on user agent, but developers can choose to show the classic web view by specifying mobile="false".
Graph API Now Supports Filters for the Home connection
A new parameter
filter is now supported by the Graph API Home connection. The Home connection is used to retrieve a user's newsfeed, which can now be filtered via the
filter parameter. Supported values are listed in the user's stream_filter table. For more information check out the docs.
Infinite Scrolling for the Apps and Games Dashboard
The Apps and Games Dashboard has been updated to support infinite scrolling for the "Friends Using", "Recommended Games", "Recommended Apps" and "Newest" category tabs. After selecting a tab, users can now continually scroll the list of content to get additional recommendations for great Games and Apps they might be interested in.
Breaking Change: User Support Email is Now Required for Apps
Today we're announcing that the User Support Email field in the Developer App will be required for all apps on April 1st 2012. By setting a support URL and email address developers can utilize both their own help center from their site as well as receive email disputes from the Facebook dispute flow.
The User Support Email field can be updated in the Developer App under Settings > Advanced > Contact Info.
Breaking Changes effective this week
- Request 2.0 Migration: This will be set to enabled on 1/15/2012 for all apps after which only Requests created via the Dialog API or the Graph API will affect the Bookmark Counter. This completes our migration to Request 2.0 from FBML Requests which have become unsupported as of 1/1/2012.
- Requests 2.0 Efficient: The Request 2.0 Efficient migration will be enabled for all apps over the next few days. Please make sure to update your apps now to respect the updated request ID format to avoid any disruption of service. On 1/15/2012 this setting will be set to enabled for all apps. For more information please see the Requests docs.
Breaking Changes effective on February 1, 2012
- Removing canvas_name Field from Application Object We will be deprecating the canvas_name field in favor of namespace field on the application object on 2/1/2012.
- Removing App Profile Pages We will be deleting all App Profile Pages and redirecting all traffic directly to the App on 2/1/2012. For more information, please refer to the blog post.
Bug activity between 1/3 and 1/10
- 268 bugs were reported
- 63 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 35 bugs were by design
- 25 bugs were fixed
- 116 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Reported bugs fixed between 1/3 and 1/10
- 141 questions asked
- 59 answered, 42% answered rate
- 99 replied, 70% reply rate