Stories In Timeline App Tab
Stories published from an app using Feed dialog or Graph API will now show in the app's tab on the user's timeline. This is consistent with Open Graph actions published from an app showing in the app's tab.
Improved Insights for Web Sites
We made two improvements to tracking and reporting Insights for Web sites. When a user clicks on a shortened URL e.g. a bit.ly URL, we now record and report the underlying URL. As a result, you will now get accurate referral reporting when you use shortened URLs in Facebook posts. We now also track and report URLs shared and clicked in comments within Insights.
Breaking Changes effective this week
- Requests 2.0 Efficient: The Request 2.0 Efficient migration will be enabled for all apps over the next few days. Please make sure to update your apps now to respect the updated request ID format to avoid any disruption of service. On January 15th this setting will be set to enabled for all apps. For more information please see the Requests docs.
- FB.Canvas.getPageInfo: The getPageInfo method now requires a callback function and no longer returns a value synchronously. For more information on this change please see this blog post.
Upcoming Breaking Changes on February 1, 2012
- Removing canvas_name field from application object: We will be deprecating the canvas_name field in favor of namespace field on the application object. See this blog post for more information.
- Removing App Profile Pages: We will be deleting all App Profile Pages and redirecting all traffic directly to the App. See this blog post for more information.
Bug activity from 12/27 to 1/3
- 131 bugs were reported
- 28 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 19 bugs were by design
- 12 bugs were fixed
- 56 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Reported bugs fixed between 12/27 and 1/3
- Show Stream for Like Box shows only checkins
- max-width of photo incorrectly stated in Graph API doc
- Insights not updating
- Oauth Validation error throws Invalid signed request with Facebook C# SDK
- Broken cross-reference links in Advanced Topics -> FQL -> profile
- migrating old comments
- date_format not applied on all feed story properties
- Feed Dialog Produces Captcha Screens and Always Fails
- Friend's name for test account is missing
- Call to me/friends with a test user no longer returns name,first_name and middle_name fields
- Cannot set custom stream privacy from FB.ui feed dialog
- Requests 2.0 lose the "data" parameter on mobile browsers
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com this week
- 133 questions asked
- 47 answered, 35% answered rate
- 74 replied, 56% reply rate