Upcoming changes on January 1, 2012
- Deprecating the FB.Data.* JS SDK APIs This will be no longer supported and will not be available to new apps.
- Deprecating FB.Canvas.setAutoResize We have renamed FB.Canvas.setAutoResize to FB.Canvas.setAutoGrow so that the method more accurately represents its function. Fb.Canvas.setAutoResize will be removed.
- Deprecating FBML FBML will no longer be supported as of January 1, 2012. Aside from security and privacy related bugs, we will not fix any bugs related to FBML after January 1, 2012. On June 1, 2012 FBML endpoints will be removed from Platform
- All apps will be opted into "Upgrade to Requests 2.0" and "Requests 2.0 Efficient" Existing apps will be opted into “Requests 2.0 Efficient” and "Upgrade to Requests 2.0" migrations and all developers must ensure that they are using the correct request_id format and deleting requests appropriately. Details here
- Enforcing Credits Policy We have added a new policy to the Facebook Credits Terms that prohibits routing Credits from one app to another app without our prior authorization.
2.14 You may not accept Credits in one app and deliver or transfer the purchase to the user in another app without our prior authorization. For example, an app solely designed to facilitate transactions is not permitted.
Apps that are not compliant by January 1, 2012 run the risk of having their Credits disabled shortly after.
Please refer to the Platform Roadmap for more info on these and other upcoming changes.
Bug Activity from 12/13 to 12/20
- 253 bugs were reported
- 60 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 42 bugs were by design
- 19 bugs were fixed
- 116 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed from 12/13 to 12/20
- "friends_relationship_details" permission is not needed to get "significant_other"
- Tumblr communication problems with Facebook
- The page at "url" could not be reached because the server returned status code 400.
- "App Display Name cannot be similar to the name of any apps built by Facebook."
- Application name can't contains text "pira"
- Test User Making friend connections Documentation Unclear
- FB.init documentation lists oauth:false as default
- facebook login
- reachestimate sometimes fails with an unknown error
- Broken link: Social Channels ->News Feed -> Feed Graph Object: Publish via the Graph API -> permission
- video_tag query example uses wrong table
- Requests 1.0 not returning ids
- Basic JS method hasOwnProperty broken on FB JS library
- Auth Dialog settings do not show up
- De-Authorization Call never comes when using SSL
- all proxy email failing - connection refused by proxymail-mta.facebook.com
- Null fields in FQL friend queries
- Value cannot be null
- Auto-frictonless payments only work for items costing 30 credits or less
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com this week:
- 126 questions asked
- 26 answered, 21% answered rate
- 56 replied, 44% reply rate