Old Insights Dashboard
We have completed migrating all data available in the old version of Insights to the new Insights dashboard. With this and other recent improvements, you can now view and export metrics for any specified time frame. We will discontinue the old Insights tool on January 31 to focus resources on the new Insights dashboard.
Over the past few weeks, we have notified developers whose applications were calling the API methods and FBML tags that we deprecated in August. Based on feedback from developers, we've extended the deadlines, and we will also continue to provide auth.promotesession for Facebook Chat applications until an alternative is available via OAuth. On Wednesday, January 12, all the respective migration settings will be automatically enabled for applications. This may be a breaking change for your application, so you will be able to manually disable the settings on the “Advanced” tab of the Developer application until January 31.
Bugzilla activity for the past 7 days:
- 105 new issues were reported (bugs and wishlist)
- 5 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 3 bugs were fixed (3 previously reported bugs and 0 new bugs)
- As of today, there are 4,338 open bugs in Bugzilla
Developer Forum activity for the past 7 days:
- 407 new topics were created
- 247 new topics received at least one reply in the past week
- Of those, 67 were replied to by an admin
- Of those, 88 were replied to by a moderator
Continuing our efforts to improve developer documentation, we released a new version of the getting started guide for websites with improved sample code. We welcome your feedback in the comments below.
Rick is a strategic partner manager for Facebook Platform.