As part of our ongoing effort to improve communication with our developer community, we offer you the latest monthly roundup of the announcements, new features, and updates to Facebook Platform that occurred during August, 2009.
- Access your users' Inbox messages and notifications with the Inbox and Notifications APIs.
- Use Facebook Connect for simpler desktop application authorization.
- We updated the design of Facebook Share. If you own or run a website, you can use Facebook Share so your users can easily share content from your site on Facebook.
- Final reminder for stream.get and stream FQL table: As we announced on May 19th, 2009, we're deprecating the posts field of the comments array returned by stream.get and the stream FQL table in favor of its replacement, comment_list, for proper XML serialization. We stopped returning the 'posts' field on August 25, 2009.
- We corrected the count of total applications users. This number isn't public facing, as it appears only on your application's Insights page.
- Learn about our plans for improving user privacy on Platform.
- In order to improve site performance through better load balancing, we've begun to gradually serve more canvas page traffic from our east coast data center.
- Watch Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg address the Facebook Developer Garage São Paulo: here are the first video and the second video.
Keep an eye on this blog (or subscribe to the RSS feed), the Platform Status Feed (or subscribe to its RSS feed), and the weekly Push Changes articles for announcements, changes, and other important bulletins.
As always, we appreciate your continued feedback in our Developer Forum -- let us know how we can reach and communicate with you even better.