As part of our ongoing effort to improve our communication with our developer community, we offer you our latest monthly roundup of the announcements, new features, and updates to Facebook Platform that occurred during March, 2009.
- Make your Flash applications social with the ActionScript 3.0 Library for Facebook Platform.
- Integrate Facebook Platform into your iPhone apps using Facebook Connect for iPhone.
- Read about streams and how the new Feed system helps your application find success on the new home page.
- Give your users the ability to chat with their friends and invite them to your applications with fb:chat-invite.
- Explore how users can engage with your applications on the new Facebook Pages like they do on profiles.
- As a reminder to our January announcement, 64-bit user IDs will start being assigned to new users in the coming days, so make sure you're storing user IDs using 64-bit integers.
- You can submit new applications to the Application Directory if they have either 5 total users or 10 monthly active users (MAU).
- When a user visits your canvas page (on apps.facebook.com/appname), the page's favicon becomes that of your application.
- fb:title now displays "<app name> on Facebook | <page name>".
- We announced the third round of fbFund, emphasizing Web and iPhone apps using Facebook Connect. Apply now!
- View a discussion between Adobe and Facebook on creating Flash applications using the Adobe Flash ActionScript 3.0 Library for Facebook Platform.
- Mark Pincus, Zynga's founder and CEO, shares his thoughts on how his company finds revenue in retaining users.
- Watch how you can create a Facebook Connect for iPhone app in minutes!
Keep an eye on this blog (or subscribe to the RSS feed), the Platform Status Feed (or subscribe to its RSS feed), and the weekly Push Changes articles for announcements, changes, and other important bulletins.
As always, we appreciate your continued feedback in our Developer Forum -- let us know how we can reach and communicate with you even better.