As part of our ongoing effort to improve our communication with our developer community, we offer you our second monthly roundup of all the announcements, new features, and updates to Facebook Platform that occurred during February, 2009.
- We launched our first social widget for Facebook Connect, the Comments Box.
- We released many new APIs and FQL tables: for status, links, notes and video.
- We introduced the auth.revokeExtendedPermission API method and tweaked the admin.getAllocation method by adding an additional optional user parameter.
- The fb:comments tag works on both canvas pages and in profile tabs. Also note that the uid passed to the tab link for FBML generation is the profile ID not the viewer ID.
- We standardized the format of arrays in the Platform API. Going forward, any new API method will take JSON-encoded arrays only.
- The new deadline for the additional restrictions on other content related to alcoholic beverages -- including unbranded, generic drink images -- is now March 6th, 2009.
- We want your feedback on Facebook Principles and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- We hosted the OpenID User Experience and Summit.
- How To: Create a Comments Box with Facebook Connect in 5 Minutes.
- We wrote new best practices for monetization.
Keep an eye on this blog (or subscribe to the RSS feed), the Platform Status Feed (or subscribe to its RSS feed), and the weekly Push Changes articles for announcements, changes, and other important bulletins.
As always, we appreciate your continued feedback in our Developer Forum -- let us know how we can reach and communicate with you even better.