New design for the Follow button and the Like Box plugin
Similar to the Like and Share buttons, the Follow button and the Like Box plugin will also be updated with our new design as follows:
iOS SDK 3.10
We're releasing an updated version of our SDK that includes several feature improvements and some bug fixes to enhance stability. These include:
- Updated FBSession to receive permissions granted to your app at the time of login without requiring a permissions refresh. This enables your app to more reliably detect the current permission state of your app. This applies for any login flow except the iOS 6+ integrated authentication.
- Ability to set the selection property of the FBFriendPickerViewController that makes it easy to pre-select friends.
- Ability to set the login behavior for the FBLoginView control.
Removing policy change for "Select All" and "Pre-Select"
We are removing our previously announced policy change regarding select all and pre-select for Requests, which was set to go into effect on January 8, 2014. We may revisit this policy change in the future, but will also work on other ways to improve user engagement and sentiment for Requests.
Campaign structure updates: a better way to organize, optimize and measure ads
We recently shared an update with Facebook Preferred Marketing Developers (PMDs) about a new campaign structure coming to Facebook in 2014. This new structure will make it easier for advertisers to organize, optimize and measure the performance of their ads by introducing a third level to our current campaign structure. The updated structure will include levels for campaign, ad set and ad.
We'll bring these features across all our client-facing ad interfaces in the first half of 2014 -- including the Ads Create Tool, Ads Manager, Power Editor -- and third-party client-facing ad interfaces built by PMDs, FBX partners and Mobile Measurement Partners. These changes won't affect advertisers this year.
Here's what advertisers will be able to do after the update:
- Specify a campaign objective to make all of its ads serve that objective, and to improve optimization and reporting.
- Use multiple ad sets, each with their own budget and schedule controls, to optimize spend and delivery within each audience segment or placement.
- Get better control and aggregate stats, including total reach, at the campaign level.
We'll provide additional details as we get closer to launch. Until then, please remember that these changes will not affect advertisers this year.