Facebook SDK 3.2.1 for iOS
Today, we're releasing the 3.2.1 version of the Facebook SDK for iOS that you can download here. This update includes bug fixes and adds support for frictionless requests to the SDK's new FBWebDialogs class. This lets your app use frictionless requests without importing the deprecated headers.
Facebook SDK 3.0.1 for Android
Since launching the Facebook SDK 3.0 for Android, we’ve received great feedback from all of you. We've taken your suggestions seriously and made several enhancements based on what you’ve said is useful to you. We’re releasing an updated version of our SDK that includes bug fixes and improvements. Download the Facebook SDK 3.0.1 for Android now.
Changes to mobile bookmarks
We introduced app bookmarks in our iOS and Android apps in 2011 to support developers building social mobile apps. Since then, we’ve improved how apps can use Open Graph and launched new growth channels like App Center and mobile app install ads.
Starting on June 5th, we will only display mobile bookmarks for games that work on both canvas and mobile. We're seeing more developers building cross-platform social games and want to promote those that can be played seamlessly across desktop and mobile devices.
This is not a breaking change, as no code changes are necessary, but we wanted to give developers time to consider alternative ways to reengage users. News Feed remains the top driver of discovery and re-engagement for mobile apps and we are focused on making this the best experience available across mobile and web. You can learn about our other mobile channels here.
Preferred marketing developer innovation competition
We have announced the winners of the PMD Innovation Competition themed "The Era Of News Feed". During the past 5 months, these 7 companies built powerful marketing tools that focus on news feed and bridge advertiser needs across the four dimensions of the PMD Program: Pages, Ads, Apps and Insights. Check out what they have built in the Innovation Competition page as well as the Facebook Studio Announcement
April 2013 breaking changes
Removing ability to POST to USER_ID/questions
As it's no longer possible for users to create questions, we will remove this functionality from the Graph API.
The following stats are for activity between 03/13/2013-03/20/2013:
- 198 bugs were created this week
- 52 bugs were assigned this week
- 219 bugs were resolved this week
- 31 bugs were fixed this week
- 188 bug were were duplicate, invalid, or by design
- Recommendations plugin doesn't resize correctly and disappears after 45 sec.
- 500 when you make Facebook connect with an user who block the APP
- After asking for photo permission, the auth dialog box never goes away.
- An incorrect http parameter (client_id) is shown in redirecting smartphone site.
- Group Feed
- oauth GET requests are suddenly failing for mobile users
- Insights data lagging - now 5 days behind
- Documentation of multiple fb:admins syntax causes Debugger Tool warning
- Realitime updates (pages) share
- Facebook Graph API Issue An unexpected error has occurred
- Changes to Canvas URL in Basic App settings are only applied for some users.
- Insights Auth Rate reporting error
- Pages Real Time API: post, likes and comments item do not return proper post_id or parent_id format for photo posts
- App not appearing in App Center search
- Malformed JSON Example
- You have a typo: Hhowever -> However
- Wrong Games distribution doc URL
- Built-in news.publishes is undocumented
- Does not have deleting requests documentation
- Unable to create open graph type 'photo'
- Total Auth Dialog shows Conversion >100%
- The Open Graph dashboard labels my action as "restricted" and yields a server error when I try to edit it.
- FQL page table's budget_recs is returning error
- 500 error on Open Graph object edit for built-in types
- feed playing story screenshot is off
- Video can't play in page
- Bug Report - Getting server error and no bugs listing in filter or search
- Incorrect email returned at /me for a comercial account
- Android SDK throws NPE
- Pay dialog order_info max char limit
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com
- 336 questions asked
- 77 questions with a score of 1 or greater
- 18 answered, 23% answered rate
- 41 replied, 53% reply rate