March 2013 Breaking Changes Now Live
As announced in December, the following breaking changes go into effect today:
- No more accessing mailbox FQL tables without a user session
- Removing apps from /me/accounts/ and page_admin FQL table
- Removing redirect to docs when hitting graph.facebook.com
Updated policy for developer payment registration
When you register a company with Facebook in order to accept payments on Facebook, you are required to provide verification documents if you use 1) a bank account located in certain countries outside the U.S. or Europe or 2) a PayPal account. With this policy update, you will not be able to accept payments from users until your documentation is approved. This is required in order to comply with relevant laws and to continue to ensure a safe ecosystem for both developers and users.
This policy is effective as of April 22, 2013, allowing developers several weeks to provide the necessary documentation. Apps that register with Facebook on or after April 22, 2013, and that do not use a qualifying bank for payouts will not be able to accept payments until their verification documents are approved.
If documentation is required, you will receive a prompt in the company registration flow, and we will notify you via email once we verify your information. You also have the option to change your payout method to a qualifying bank account if you do not wish to submit additional documentation.
Visit our help center for more information on what is required and how to submit.
New Preferred Marketing Developer Program app process and badge requirements
We have re-opened the apps process to the Preferred Marketing Developer Program with two updates.
In order to focus on high-potential candidates who have proven success working with clients on strategies in-line with our owned, paid and earned media narrative, we are moving to a referral based system where candidates will have to be referred by either a Facebook or Ads PMD employee.
We have also announced new requirements for the PMD badge, pushing candidates and members towards deeper integrations across Pages, Ads, Apps and Insights.
For more information, please see the PMD Badge page.
The following stats are for activity between 02/27/2013-03/06/2013:
- 217 bugs were created this week
- 48 bugs were assigned this week
- 195 bugs were resolved this week
- 24 bugs were fixed this week
- 171 bug were were duplicate, invalid, or by design
- Insights: page_friends_of_fans metric missing for multiple pages after 2/26
- Payment Method "Mobile Phone" incorrectly displays true cost of purchase
- All links under Related Questions are not working
- Typo/Double word
- Unable to load business page on iOS app
- posts from ios app mis-identified as shares in activity log
- 500 error during OAuth
- /reachestimate call : '(#1) An unknown error occurred' error rate soared since yesterday
- Facepile plugin clips photos or displays only one row when it should not
- Posting certain actions causes Timeline and Activity Log not to render for that user
- Insights not available after 2/25
- Page post ad with "most recent post" option cannot be created
- paging.next unchanged in responses to batch calls to Ad Group conversion stats
- "reachestimare" returns completely different results for same request
- adpreviewcss returns incomplete CSS for "Offer" ads
- Learn More wrongly says 3 sections instead of 2
- Android dialog authorization failure
- An incorrect http parameter (client_id) is shown in redirecting mobile site.
- XFBML fb:login tag always requests activity permissions
- Redirect fails after webpage facebook login
- Turning off enhanced auth dialog without first turning off auth referrals breaks permissions collection for canvas apps
- Graph API 'email' field returns number instead of email address
- Unable to upload videos above a certain size
- Legal application gets "Security Check" dialog when sharing content.
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com
- 402 questions asked
- 64 questions with a score of 1 or greater
- 23 answered, 36% answered rate
- 38 replied, 59% reply rate