Yesterday, we announced improvements to Facebook search to help people discover more of the people, places and things they care about.
Apps are now more discoverable on Facebook with Graph Search. In addition to showing up in search results based on your app’s name, they can show up in search results based on criteria like "strategy games my friends play" or "apps my friends who live in San Francisco use." To optimize your app for Graph Search, please make sure your app details are up-to-date and that your app is properly categorized.
Please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/graphsearch to learn more and request access for the limited beta.
Showing larger images for links in news feed
Now, when a person shares a link to a page in your app that contains a large image (200x200px or larger), it will be presented more prominently in news feed. These larger images draw higher engagement from friends, which drives more people to your app.
To take advantage of this improvement, be sure to include large images and tag them appropriately. Please provide the largest images you have, and we will automatically downsample and crop them for people based on the device they're using. For more information, please see our documentation and best practices.
Upcoming breaking changes
As announced in November, the following changes will go into effect on February 6th, 2013:
- End of custom actions for content consumption
- Authenticated referrals going away
- Create_event permission required to remove attendees from event
- Minor change to admin.getAppProperties call
- Canonical URLs used when fetching Open Graph objects
- Offset no longer allowed when searching posts
- Curly bracket syntax for mentioning users in notifications going away
- Removing ability to post to friends walls via Graph API
- Picture connection/field may return a dictionary
Check out the Developer Roadmap for all updates on breaking changes.
The following stats are for activity between 01/09/2013-01/16/2013:
- 237 bugs were reported
- 67 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 13 bugs were by design
- 33 bugs were fixed
- 114 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
- Testers added to apps get stuck in an infinite redirect loop
- Wrong link in doc
- Comments Table returns no result
- App Insights reporting extremely low number of likes and comments
- Download the PHP SDK points to OLD DEPRECATED SDK !
- Can't expand mutualfriends
- facebook like button bug (with cold cache) returns a zero-lenght response header
- Content disappears after 1-3 minutes
- Disappearing Facebook Activity Feed & Recommendations Feed
- Posting an open graph action with map story attachment doesn't work and breaks user's timeline
- Socket connection being closed over 3G on kindle devices when connecting to facebook
- 'Hello' mobile application in not working www.facebookmobileweb.com/hello/
- Stuck in: This app is not configured for iOS or Android support.
- clicking image rather than "edit" when uploading "Primary Icons" breaks
- App payments -> create company "continue" does not respond in 4th screen
- Error after saving the payment settings
- PHP SDK + JS SDK login example generates infinte loop on Chrome
- Developer blog real-time email updates not working
- Field expansion not working on feed for all fields in graph api
- Typo in example url
- Docs don't mention turning off Sandbox mode for 'Soft Launch with Geo-Restriction'
- Ratecard call returning empty data array
- Open Graph daily insights are empty
- Android reference docs site is down
- Is the type of view_tags String or Array?
- php code error
- My app not invoked after login to facebook app on sdk
- < symbol not encoded
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com
- 278 questions asked
- 60 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 25 answered, 42% answered rate
- 39 replied, 65% reply rate