Bundling Breaking Changes to Quarterly
In 2011, we committed to a 90 day breaking change policy, which provided developers with 90 or more days to update their apps. Today, we are excited to announce that we're going to start bundling breaking changes on a quarterly basis.
In the past, a developer impacted by multiple breaking changes may have needed to update their apps each month. Going forward, changes will be announced at the same time each quarter to make it easier for you to plan for changes and build higher quality apps.
This change will start with the April 2013 update (announced below), and in April we will announce the changes going into effect in July 2013. Please note that due to the importance of user privacy and security, these changes are excluded from the policy. See Change Policy for more information.
Jan 2013 Breaking Changes
As announced in October, the following breaking changes go into effect next Wednesday, January 9th, 2013:
- Removing unused splash_screen_url and gamebar_image_url properties
- Removing Dashboard REST API methods
- Using canonical URLs when fetching data using link_stat table
April 2013 Breaking Changes (90-day notice)
The following changes can be enabled/disabled using the "April 2013 Breaking Changes" migration until April 3rd when they will go into effect permanently for everyone:
Removing ability to POST to USER_ID/questions
As it's no longer possible for users to create questions, we will remove this functionality from the Graph API.
Removing version property/column
We will remove the 'version' column from the 'group' FQL table and the 'group' Graph API object.
For more information, see the Developer Roadmap.
The following stats are for activity between 12/26/2012-01/02/2013
- 115 bugs were reported
- 54 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 6 bugs were by design
- 23 bugs were fixed
- 57 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
- Comments request with limit no longer returning results
- Automatic preferred currency change at language selection is not reflected
- Typo Found
- Users can click "Allow" on the Authorization screen more than once
- Encount white page when ask for authorisation on iOS6.1 Beta and iOS6.0.1
- iOS Native Auth Dialog fallback
- Upload of large video files (>100MB) consistently fail using GraphAPI
- When using [FBSettings publishInstall:appID] on Native iOS code with SDK 3.1 then HTTP Error 400 is generated
- SSO fails on iOS 6
- Lost access to my group as Admin and member
- Login page not displaying on iOS
- Unable to get 'friends_checkins' permission for a specific app in iOS
- There is no longer an "explicitly shared OG actions" migration
- User Decay Graph stopped showing data (Insights)
- Cannot edit open graph action type
- Insights Spam Overview warning level yellow is not actionable, and may be inaccurate
- an proud or "a proud" ?
- Error in the example code resulting in application crash
- Wrong code for new PickerFragment.OnSelectionChangedListener
- "Can't fetch the content requested for the app" Code:1034 ?
- Deleting Links via Graph API not working
- fb_ref missing on recommendations bar
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com
- 231 questions asked
- 74 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 29 answered, 39% answered rate
- 55 replied, 74% reply rate