Since last Wednesday's update, we announced a new Login Dialog and the Preferred Marketing Developer Center. We also launched improved documentation that is automatically generated from our source code.
Platform policies update
Ability to link App Pages to App Detail Pages
We've released the ability to associate Facebook Pages with app detail pages in the App Center. Linking these two pages will add a "Go to App" or "Play Game" button to the top of a Page and a "Visit App Page" link to the right side of an app details page.
To link pages, we require the Facebook Page is categorized as an "App Page" (found under the "Brands & Products" drop down) and the Page name must contain the app name. You can associate these objects from the "App Details" section of your app settings.
Subscribe button becomes the Follow button
We are updating the Subscribe button to become the Follow button, because we found it is a term that resonates better with people who use Facebook. No change is required to your code. All apps will automatically be migrated to the new button.
New resources to promote your apps
Today we launched a new page highlighting our promotions products. This is relevant for developers looking to drive awareness and installs for apps on mobile and desktop. We want to make it easier to access the right marketing tools and have the information you need to achieve your marketing and business goals. Go to the Promote page for details and documentation about our ads ands sponsored stories products, as well as tools to get you started.
Upcoming breaking changes
As announced in October, the following changes will go into effect on January 9th, 2013:
- Removing unused splash_screen_url and gamebar_image_url properties
- Removing Dashboard REST API methods
- Using canonical URLs when fetching data using link_stat table
Check out the Developer Roadmap for all updates on breaking changes.
The following stats are for activity between Wednesday, December 5th and Wednesday, December 12th:
- 286 bugs were reported
- 90 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 11 bugs were by design
- 30 bugs were fixed
- 161 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
- Shared Activity Widget 500ing
- Yahoo! user comment actions result in login box that goes nowhere
- CSS bug with floated image inside like box
- Login button with custom text reverts to default "Log In" copy after logging out.
- Facebook edge.create event not firing on like box
- suggests to put the secret API in the client side code
- function(response) always returns false
- Clicking to view/edit Watch action returns a FB server error
- No Data for Facebook Insights Traffic
- Scope typo
- Typos in Mobile Web docs
- Canceled parameter does not have apostrophes
- Open Graph Search API Not Returning Data Passed 3am UTC on 11/27/2012
- Feeds posted by Start Now users are set to "Only Me" for privacy setting
- IPad Logins are Failing on Mobile Safari
- PHP SDK Bug with December 2012 Migration enabled (code can only be exchanged for token once)
- no link with "these properties"
- Error message saving app changes
- "Facebook App Dashboard" links to wrong page
- add follow_redirect to docs
- Error with Like button
- Login button does not raise an 'auth.login' event in IE 10.
- display=popup parameter not working for OAuth login URL
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com
- 296 questions asked
- 87 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 24 answered, 28% answered rate
- 54 replied, 62% reply rate