Since Last Wednesday's update, we published a game spotlight on Candy Crush Saga, announced updates to the Facebook SDK for iOS , revealed the Toronto HACK Winners and introduced subscriptions and local currency pricing
Easier notification controls for users
We're introducing a way for users to opt out of notifications from apps, groups, or other sources (photos, etc.) directly from the notifications drop down menu. People have always been able to opt out on the Notifications Settings page, but this update makes it easier.
People will see more notifications from the apps, groups and features they engage with most, and none from those they choose to remove. For app developers, a less cluttered drop down menu means that notifications from high quality apps will stand out more. Early results have shown that apps that send high quality notifications have seen a lift to click-through and revenue with this update.
You can monitor and improve your opt-out rate for notifications with a new dashboard in Insights. This does not change the way users receive updates from apps through channels like news feed and App Center.
We have removed access to all internal properties and to methods prefixed with
Note that all methods not listed as part of the public API might be subject to change or removal, and you should not use them directly.
July 5th 2012 Breaking Changes
Removing FB.Canvas.setAutoResize - Originally scheduled for January 1, 2011
We have renamed FB.Canvas.setAutoResize to FB.Canvas.setAutoGrow so that the method more accurately represents its function. FB.Canvas.setAutoResize will stop working on July 5th. We will completely delete the function on August 1st.
Event GETs from Graph API/FQL Will Require an Access Token
All calls to get events from the Graph API or FQL will now require an access token to be used.
Removal of FBML
FBML apps will no longer work on Platform. All FBML endpoints will be removed and the "FBML Removal" migration added June 6th will be removed.
September 2012 Breaking Changes (90-day notice)
The following changes can all be enabled/disabled using September 2012 Breaking Changes migration (will be available in the next 7 days) until September 5th when they will go into effect permanently for everyone:
Removing Live Stream plugin
The Live Stream plugin will be removed on September 5, 2012. We recommend using the Comments Box plugin instead. Please migrate your app as soon as possible. On September 5th, if your app is still using the Live Stream plugin, we will render the Comments Box plugin in its place. While it offers similar functionality, there are a few functional differences. Please see the Live Stream plugin documentation for more info.
Renaming 'likes' property of Comments and 'votes' property of QuestionOptions
We will be renaming the
likesproperty of the Comment object to
votesproperty of the QuestionOption to
Minor change to admin.getAppProperties call
When making an
admin.getAppPropertiescall, we will now return an empty iOS Bundle ID as
Returning actual size in photo_src table
We will start returning the actual
widthof photos in the
photo_srcFQL table instead of the dimensions of the bounding box.
Bugs activity between Wednesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 20
- 167 bugs were reported
- 36 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 7 bugs were by design
- 17 bugs were fixed
- 73 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed between Wednesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 20
- oauth dialog is completely broken
- no data scraped, can't like, can't set as website for app
- Very slow API response time
- Send Dialog: send button disabled in Firefox
- Like Box width too wide
- can't select "Native Android App" option
- Comment plugin for mobile users does not fold out more comment
- Send button on FB.ui dialog can be pressed with 'To:' form empty
- Any Page Tab App shows CSS instead of content or asks to download page_proxy.css
- credits dispute notification emails have stopped being sent.
- OpenGraph built-in action 'required' but lacking flexibility
- Comments report shows 0 comments on insights after may 9th.
- Allow Pages To Comment On Comments Plugin
- not able to post comments on content using only publish_actions permission
- using the "offer" pay dialog breaks FB.Canvas.getPageInfo
- FB.login dialog will hung after click 'Log In' in IE.
- Social Plugins Applications selector to short
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com between Wednesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 20
- 475 questions asked
- 340 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 123 answered, 36% answered rate
- 213 replied, 63% reply rate