App Center now available on iPad
We're continuing to gradually rollout the App Center, including to some people using Facebook for iPad. The App Center lists quality iPad apps that have integrated Facebook Login. No changes are needed to be listed in the App Center, as long as you selected "Native iPad App" as a supported platform when you created your app detail page.
Identifying a user's device
To optimize the experience across mobile devices, developers can now find out which devices their users have. Querying the /User edge of the Graph API for the
device field returns the device or devices used by that person. Using this information, you can improve the mobile app or game experience for users in many ways, such as prompting a web user with an iPhone to install your native app or offering a user to invite their friends with devices supported by your mobile app. Check out the Multi-Friend Selector documentation to learn more about implementing this feature.
September 2012 Breaking Changes (90-day notice)
The following changes can all be enabled/disabled using September 2012 Breaking Changes migration (will be available in the next 7 days) until September 5th when they will go into effect permanently for everyone:
Removing Live Stream plugin
The Live Stream plugin will be removed on September 5, 2012. We recommend using the Comments Box plugin instead. Please migrate your app as soon as possible. On September 5th, if your app is still using the Live Stream plugin, we will render the Comments Box plugin in its place. While it offers similar functionality, there are a few functional differences. Please see the Live Stream plugin documentation for more info.
Renaming 'likes' property of Comments and 'votes' property of QuestionOptions
We will be renaming the
likesproperty of the Comment object to
votesproperty of the QuestionOption to
Minor change to admin.getAppProperties call
When making an
admin.getAppPropertiescall, we will now return an empty iOS Bundle ID as
Returning actual size in photo_src table
We will start returning the actual
widthof photos in the
photo_srcFQL table instead of the dimensions of the bounding box.
Bugs activity between Tuesday, June 5 and Tuesday, June 12
- 192 bugs were reported
- 31 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 4 bugs were by design
- 23 bugs were fixed
- 57 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed between Tuesday, June 5 and Tuesday, June 12
- fb:name & fb:profile-pic XFBML tags is not working in Firefox
- Can't add Tab to page
- On beta, apps not in Fluid Width become left-aligned
- Facebook Connect button displaying incorrectly (Chrome)
- Connect login not working
- blank/white/empty screen for large percentage of active users, consistently reproducible
- "null" showing up in json payloads
- App Center Submission
- Failure at SSO login for non multitask devices
- I cant open my image action to edit it on facebook
- Unable to access facebook's Open Graph settings as the link 404's
- can't edit active action verb 'play'
- IE7 setAutoGrow() not working.
- Error saving content to "App Center"
- Publish stream: Places, pages/users do not show up when tagged via API
- hideFlashCallback is no longer called after loading Offer Shortcut or DealSpot
- comments plugin on mobile web data-width not taking effect
- Graph API returns false when requesting recently created request object id
- fb.ui send strips link in chat window
- Fail on linking Paypal account
- FB.ui for Send dialog doesn't trigger callback
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com between Tuesday, June 5 and Tuesday, June 12
- 464 questions asked
- 365 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 137 answered, 38% answered rate
- 239 replied, 65% reply rate