Since last Wednesday's update, we spotlighted NBC's The Voice, published Early Success Stories: Shopping, Fashion and Open Graph, and published a Games Round-Up.
Breaking Changes Effective Today
Today the following changes are in effect. For more information, check out the Developer Roadmap.
Removal of FBML
FBML apps will no longer work on Platform. The "FBML Removal" migration now appears and is enabled for all apps. It will be possible to disable the migration, thereby re-enabling FBML, until July 5, 2012 when the migration and all FBML endpoints will be removed completely.
XMPP Connections must be done over TLS
Apps connecting to Facebook's XMPP service should now use STARTTLS for all connections. We have started rejecting unencrypted connections.
September 2012 Breaking Changes (90-day notice)
The following changes can all be enabled/disabled using September 2012 Breaking Changes migration (will be available starting June 13th) until September 5th when they will go into effect permanently for everyone:
Removing Live Stream plugin
The Live Stream plugin will be removed on September 5, 2012. We recommend using the Comments Box plugin instead. Please migrate your app as soon as possible. On September 5th, if your app is still using the Live Stream plugin, we will render the Comments Box plugin in its place. While it offers similar functionality, there are a few functional differences. Please see the Live Stream plugin documentation for more info.
Renaming 'likes' property of Comments and 'votes' property of QuestionOptions
We will be renaming the
likesproperty of the Comment object to
votesproperty of the QuestionOption to
Minor change to admin.getAppProperties call
When making an
admin.getAppPropertiescall, we will now return an empty iOS Bundle ID as
Returning actual size in photo_src table
We will start returning the actual
widthof photos in the
photo_srcFQL table instead of the dimensions of the bounding box.
Bugs activity between Tuesday, May 29 and Tuesday, June 5
- 178 bugs were reported
- 42 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 9 bugs were by design
- 54 bugs were fixed
- 193 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed between Tuesday, May 29 and Tuesday, June 5
- Lost fans after migrating Application Profile Page in January/February.
- API responds extremely slow
- Unable to view app roles
- Hijacked Like Button (Facebook security technical problem, spam/scam)
- Undeleteable test users
- So called "bomb-like" exposes flaw with access tokens on query string
- Cannot change Native Language in App Center
- Can't submit an action for my app
- Service Unavailable - DNS failure: missing crossdomain.xml in http://m.ak.fbcdn.net
- User Generated Photos option not being passed from step 2 to 3...
- App's Custom Open Graph actions constantly flip from approved to pending
- Edit custom object fails
- Comment moderation - hiding comment doesn't seem to work
- Requests Dialog Will Not Load
- Players receiving invalid timeline notifications
- Loop games notifications with Timeline ?
- Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: An unknown error has occurred. when doing fql event query
- No docs for photo upload with URL param
- Posts not appearing on News Feed after migrating to Timeline for Pages
- No "create new bug" button visible on start page
- Blocked applications posts are showing in news feed stream
- Broken test user
- Cannot link Paypal Account when registering a company from Brazil
- No 'rejected' comments for open graph action submit
- Contradicting communication, why can't we ask for publish_actions?
- Facebook Like button shows the “Confirm” link
- Facebook fails to use app privacy setting when publishing links
- Add Page Dialog stopped working, causes error
- Problem with 'Region' in 'Sign Up for Facebook Credits'
- Friends info doesnt return picture
- Album (Graph API) documentation - likes and comments "Returns" columns are swapped
- News feed publications generated from our app do not show
- YouTube Information is not being pulled in.
- Scraper sometimes fails to parse og:type
- traceroute to FB hosts failed, cannot pass tfbnw.net
- picture URL for /feed post not accepted if HTTPS
- featured music services: friends listening counter way off
- facepile iframe for some content returns facebook error page when showing action news.reads
- Link attachments in messages sent through the new messaging API don't show up in mobile interfaces
- Listen Button on ticker
- Facebook Object Debugger Returning "HBaseHashout"
- Date piping on Action not correct
- Online presence always 'offline'
- Insights is showing 0 active users
- Map aggregation not working & map style selection inverted
- Subscription page lists 'picture' as a valid field for user.
- Add a parameter to align the Like button to the right
- PHP SDK Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to
- API search in japanese language do not returns recent results
- IE 7 comments plugin producing "Member not found" error
- Facebook URL Linter strippign trailing slash
- story and story_tag not documented on Post object
- fb_ref not included in timeline links
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com between Tuesday, May 29 and Tuesday, June 5
- 450 questions asked
- 381 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 161 answered, 42% answered rate
- 265 replied, 70% reply rate