Testing FQL in the Graph API Explorer
Today we added an "FQL Query" tab to the Graph API Explorer to make it easier to test and play with FQL. As before, you can run FQL queries through the Graph API by issuing an
HTTP GET request to
QUERY can be a single FQL query or a JSON-encoded dictionary of queries. This tab in the Graph API Explorer just gives you a quick way to experiment with queries.
Updated Open Graph Publishing Guidelines
To give people on Facebook the best experience, we’re introducing several new Open Graph publishing guidelines. In instances where these changes require you to modify an existing app, you’ll have 90 days to complete your update per our Breaking Change policy. These guidelines address feedback we’ve received and codify best practices that encourage everyone working with our platform to put user experience first.
Additional publishing guideline
90-day update window
Even if we’ve approved your custom action for reading an article or watching a video, you must migrate to using a built-in action, resubmit your app and get approved. Please review the requirements for working with read and watch actions.
Tagging people and places:
Best practice: user controls for sharing
You should allow people to turn sharing on or off for the content in your app, and the setting a user selects should persist. Learn more about our policies and guidelines:
Next week's breaking changes
On June 6th, the following changes will go into effect. For more information, check out the Developer Roadmap.
Removal of FBML
FBML apps will no longer work on Platform. The "FBML Removal" migration will appear and will be enabled for all apps. It will be possible to disable the migration, thereby re-enabling FBML, until July 5, 2012 when the migration and all FBML endpoints will be removed completely.
XMPP Connections must be done over TLS
Apps connecting to Facebook's XMPP service will be required to use STARTTLS for all connections. We will start rejecting unencrypted connections.
Bugs activity between Tuesday, May 22 and Tuesday, May 29
- 150 bugs were reported
- 33 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 5 bugs were by design
- 18 bugs were fixed
- 29 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed between Tuesday, May 22 and Tuesday, May 29
- when connected to facebook, connect login doesn't show up
- Retrieve fan count
- submit to app center fails with erroneous "choose at least one platform" message
- IOS Optional permissions Allow non
- iOS login 502 proxygen error
- Facebook Like button does not work on IE10 (build 8382)
- Comments steal focus on load and scrolls page down in IE (not fixed)
- AdGroup with creative type 25 improperly displayed in the interface
- Bug with adcity limitation - country_list
- Creating Facebook event with an valid image attached causes "(#324) Missing or invalid image"
- Like Box Bug
- Share link on URLs shared through Graph API use incorrect URL
- Emails Sent via Report/Contact this App Link Doesn't Fill In Reply-To Field
- can't access "preview" button from aggrigations section, in old app format (so we can't submit actions)
- Graph API for Checkins Does Not Include Place/Page Link
- BUG on the List of users who like a comments on a GROUP object
- app insights (news feed) returning zeroes
- Can't upload photos to album via Graph API without publishing it to wall/feeds of fanpage.
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com between Tuesday, May 22 and Tuesday, May 29
- 454 questions asked
- 402 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 177 answered, 44% answered rate
- 261 replied, 65% reply rate