Since last Wednesday's update, we published a Developer Spotlight on Endomondo, announced the Action Spec Preview Tool, published Monitoring App Quality with Insights, and we published App Center Best Practices.
The first step will include removing access to all internal properties and to methods prefixed with
If you are applying patches to the FB object, these will no longer take effect, nor will directly manipulating properties such as
Note that all methods not listed as part of the public API might be subject to change or removal, and you should not use them directly.
Breaking Changes Effective on June 6, 2012
As announced on the Roadmap and Developer Blog, on June 6, 2012, the following changes will be in effect:
Removal of FBML
FBML apps will no longer work on Platform. All FBML endpoints will be removed. If your app is still utilizing FBML, please migrate before June 6 to avoid any issues.
XMPP Connections must be done over TLS
Apps connecting to Facebook's XMPP service will be required to use STARTTLS for all connections. We will start rejecting unencrypted connections.
Bugs activity between Tuesday, May 8 and Tuesday, May 15
- 174 bugs were reported
- 27 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 12 bugs were by design
- 48 bugs were fixed
- 49 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed between Tuesday, May 8 and Tuesday, May 15
- submit repro form failed
- Uncaught Error: No polyfill registered for object connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js:24
- Login-button not displaying for users logged into FB.com
- Applications fail to load du to currupted jS script (Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL)
- Insights for my app not updating since 5/7/2012
- parse is not defined in FB.JSON.parse
- Submitting a post request to https://graph.facebook.com/<page_id>/photos returns "An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later."
- Open graph action approved but still shows "pending"
- Facebook Like comment overlay has z-order problems in IE compatibility view
- Recommendation plugin does not display any recommendations
- Application authentication error when uploading picture to ALBUM created using web application
- Used gift notification URLs point to Apps and Games rather than app
- Request Dialogs broken in IE9
- Impossible to publish links on Facebook
- FQL : some type values are not documented on STREAM table
- The user_checkins and friends_checkins is not asked when someone want to install my app.
- Timeline's milestones not appearing in graph api's feed or fql results
- Broken link to "Post object" on stream.publish deprecation note
- page_fans/lifetime shows zero for some days
- Posting on event using graph api is not work as its need to work
- Auth'd user cannot create video.watches action.
- Cannot connect "read" action to built-in object type of "book"
- NULL FQL impressions field since 12/15, and post insights completely missing
- Auth Dialog Form: Tooltip and text box for Headline don't agree.
- Failed to Create new action for a recreated App
- Search API not returning new results
- Watch Action Type is busted
- /me/cover brings an oauth (fql?) failure
- Having major problems writing actions to open graph after possible GDP / permissions / auth change
- Number of Likes from Insights API does not match Graph API or Page itself
- Facebook Page Tab Application with top.location.href containing a URI fragment fails to re-load when you "LIKE" or "UNLIKE" the page
- FB.Canvas.getPageInfo() callback not being called in HTTPS
- FB footer below fluid canvas is too tall, needs cleaning up.
- use_online_presence always returning 'offline' status
- Insights Auth Dialog data incorrect
- result of get order id is different from documentation
- Offers callbacks are not populating the "data" field
- Timezone less events - Twitter Bug
- Can't make Graph API calls on test users when using their auth tokens
- Bug: Platform Policies Contact Us Link
- Specific event name fails
- Facebook Invite hangs for an user with about 4000 friends
- Developer App will not allow "localhost" as App Domain
- Missing posts in wall post feed
- OG:image changes not being reflected in the Graph
- Issues with Credits processing
- Graph API photo upload to fanpage returns unknown error for specific images
- RFE: No way to cancel a bug submission
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com between Tuesday, May 8 and Tuesday, May 15
- 477 questions asked
- 405 questions with a score of 0 or greater
- 146 answered, 36% answered rate
- 244 replied, 60% reply rate