This week, we posted some updates for developers using Payments on Facebook Platform and Early Success Stories: Timeline Apps and Open Graph. Additionally, we invited developers to Facebook Mobile Platform Global Hacks Roadshow - Europe.
Eliminating bulk discounting of Credits from all payment flows
We are eliminating bulk discounting of Credits from all payment flows, including the Item Purchase flow and the Get More flow. We believe that this will simplify the user experience around Credits. This does not require any action from developers.
Upcoming Breaking Changes on March 1, 2012
Removing the third settled callback from Payments. To ensure the best experience for users, we are asking developers to ensure that they are fulfilling the order in the callback with
status=placed. We assure you that once we call you with
status=placedand you respond with
settled, the transaction will be complete and you will be paid. You should not be waiting for the
settledcallback before fulfilling the order.
To reduce confusion we are completely removing the settled callback. For more information please read here.
Returning up to 960px wide photos in "photo" FQL table and photo Graph API. On 1st March 2012 we will begin returning photos up to 960px wide in the
src_bigfield of the photo FQL table, as well as the
sourcefield of the photo object, increasing the current max width of 720px.
Please refer to the Platform Roadmap for more info.
Bugs activity between Tuesday, February 7 and Tuesday, February 14
- 262 bugs were reported
- 39 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 16 bugs were by design
- 34 bugs were fixed
- 82 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed between Tuesday, February 7 and Tuesday, February 14
- French misspelling
- Like button confirm dialog doesn't go away
- Fans migration
- Posting to feed using FB.ui results in JS error and doesn't invoke callback
- Scores showing latest score instead of highest
- Broken link in the FQL user table
- Authentication page points to a not existing page about canvas apps authentication
- App FanPage Fans not migrated
- The Change Log hasn't changed for a month
- Share window doesn't get closed after submit
- HTTPS access is not all safe
- Typo in manual and blog post: Application migration/migrations
- Graph API Post contains future created and updated time
- Clicking the search text box after clicking on a flash game never shows the game again.
- data-size="large" no longer working in facepile
- Problem with access to fanpage of the app when transferring likes
- Incorrect Link
- iOS SDK - logout doesn't have parameter while docs says it has
- Friends online presence is an extended permission in the new auth dialog, although it supposed to be a basic permissions
- confusing "message" description
- Can't get more than 100 statuses
- click_counts are showing 0
- ios sdk changed api method from logout: to logout
- Can't find LogoutRequestListener
- Internet Explorer - Notification Issue
- HTTP 500s reading a new comment.
- Conflict with docs: verify_token required for Realtime Updates
- double meaning of "method" confusion
- targeting albums (photos) via Graph API
- Monstermind - item purchases with credits now show error dialogue
- Blog link in developers menu bar not uppercased
- App ticker using incorrect field for application name
- IE 8 permission denied when using FB.login for unauthorized users
- format of user permissions list obtained via Graph API does not match with documentation
Facebook Stack Overflow Activity
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com this week:
- 448 questions asked
- 181 answered, 40% answered rate
- 255 replied, 57% reply rate