Today, we're delighted to announce the next version of the Marketing APIs version 2.9.
Ads Creation & Management
- Ad Copy API - You can now duplicate your existing campaigns, ad sets, and ads using our AdCopy API's. This way, you don't need to re-create ads from scratch each time; instead, you can duplicate ones that work & create ads template shells. More details about Ad Copy API can be found here.
- Batch API — You can now batch requests and send them asynchronously to the Marketing API. Group several Graph API calls into one HTTP request, and execute them asynchronously, even specifying dependencies between related operations. Facebook processes each independent operation in parallel processes and your dependent operations sequentially. More details about Batch API can be found here.
- Canvas Ads API — Create Canvas campaigns on Facebook through the Marketing API. By using sight, sound, and motion, the video format allows you to effectively drive both brand and direct response objectives. More details about Canvas API can be found here.
- Rules Engine API — Use the rules engine API's to manage your ads more easily, efficiently and intelligently, based on business rules that you set. The rules engine uses a push-based model, so instead of having to constantly query our API's to get up-to-date info on your ads, we proactively send you push notifications and perform your specified actions when rule conditions are met. More details about the rules engine API here.
- Multiple images in Dynamic Ads — Show multiple images of the same item in Dynamic Ads in carousel format. You can now highlight up to 20 images from a catalog to represent a single item the carousel format used with Dynamic Ads. This enables you to show a single item such as hotel or destination with multiple images. More details about Multiple images in Dynamic Ads can be found here.
- Product Catalog Checks and Quality — New APIs to help you successfully run Dynamic Ads: Checks and Quality APIs. With Checks API you can verify that your source of signals provide enough information to deliver the right ads with Dynamic Ads. With Quality API, you can check and verify that your catalog and feed have enough information of sufficient quality to deliver Dynamic Ads. More details about Product Catalog Checks can be found here.
- Estimated Daily Results — You can now access a new endpoint that enables you to get the bid estimates and an outcome prediction with daily reach and conversions for a given ad set. You can access this new functionality via the endpoint
/delivery_predictions at the ad account and ad set levels. More details about Estimated Daily Results can be found here.
Upgrading to Marketing APIs v2.9
We'd like to remind the developer community that v2.7 of the Marketing API will be deprecated on April 25, 2017 and at that time all apps need to be on at least v2.8.
To see all changes in v2.9, please see the Graph APIs v2.9 Changelog. SDK developers should view our latest Java SDK, PHP SDK, or Python SDK for Marketing API. Web developers should specify /v2.9/ in your URLs when you call the API.