Pose is a mobile app, canvas app and web site that gives people a way to express their style and discover fashion, beauty and trends from the around the world.
To attract new users and re-engage existing users by encouraging people to create and share their sense of style and fashion through Open Graph.
Pose mapped the most frequent interactions people take in their app - pose, comment and love - to Open Graph actions to maximize the number of stories users publish.
When a user makes a comment, Pose adds the comment to the message property on the action. As more people interact with the story, the more the story will appear in news feed.
Finally, Pose created objects for categories, such as brands, which allows them to create interesting collections for users (e.g., Most Loved Brands).
They implemented the following Open Graph actions and objects:
- Pose an Item - "Morin Oluwole posed an item"
- Comment on an Item - "Jeff Sherlock commented on an item"
- Love an Item - "Kristin Thayer loved an item"
- Since launching with Open Graph, Pose has seen a 5X increase in daily signups for their mobile app and web site by making it easy for people to share the different products and fashion they like with friends.
- If you have an app that covers a popular and addictive vertical like fashion, create Open Graph actions for it to rapidly boost your distribution.
- When your content is visually rich or interesting, make sure and tailor your collections to make them look good on a users Timeline.
- Create personalized experiences by tapping into Graph API endpoints and using data like friendships and interests to alter your apps context.
Updated about 2 months ago