Pinterest is a virtual pinboard which lets you share all of the interesting things you find on the web with your friends.
To attract new users and re-engage existing users through the Open Graph.
Pinterest focused on the most frequent and social things people do on their site - pin and follow - and built Open Graph stories that people could identify with. Pinterest also prompts people to add the app to their timelines through a clear call out that is integrated into the design of the site. They implemented the following Open Graph actions and objects:
- Pin a Pin - Vatsal Mehta pinned to Products I Love
- Follow a Pinner or a Pinboard - Will Liu followed Jennifer Taylor
- Comment a Pin - Jackie Chang commented on Food
- Like a Pin - Bryant Lee liked Photography
- Since launching their Open Graph integration, the number of Facebook users visiting Pinterest every day has increased by more than 60%.