Goodreads is a website and mobile app that helps people discover new books and share the books they love with friends.
To generate book ratings and deepen engagement with users through the Open Graph.
Goodreads made it easy for people to take an action - rate a book and mark a book as to-read - with just a single click. They also created a clear and simple way for people to add past ratings and reads to help showcase their reading history and fill out their timelines.
They implemented the following Open Graph actions and objects:
- Rate a Book - "Jennifer Taylor rated a book"
- Read Books - "Bryant Lee finished reading a book"
- Mark Books as To-Read - "Dhiren Patel marked as to-read a book"
- Since launching with Open Graph, over 6 million books have been rated, marked as read or to-read on Goodreads, and the number of daily active users have increased by more than 77%.
- Apps that reflect a user's identity and help them curate it will be more engaging.
- Open Graph actions can be published about events in the past as well as current actions, allowing apps to be used to fill the history of a user's Timeline.
- Encourage users to discuss and speak about the content in your apps, which will drive a viral loop.
Get Started integrating Open Graph actions
Updated about 2 months ago