The PMD Program Policies include 4 sections:
Please find below the PMD Program policies. If you violate any of the applicable policies, you may be notified by a "PMD Program Policy Warning" email at any time. Those emails will include a compliancy deadline that will depend on the type of violations. Non compliancy in time will result in your removal from the PMD Program from a minimum period of 6 months, after which you may or may not be allowed to re-apply. This will be specified in the notification email.
Facebook reserves the right to grant or remove access to the Platform or PMD Program at its sole discretion.
Every PMD must provide PMD Team members with login credentials upon request.
2/Badge Use Policies
In order to use the badge, you must follow the badge use policies outlined below, as well as adhere to all of Facebook’s terms.
a. PMD badge
The PMD badge allows you to promote your status as a Preferred Marketing Developer in online and offline materials.
b. Using the PMD badge
- You may use the badge only if you have been recognized as a PMD by the Facebook PMD Team
- You may only display each qualification area (Pages, Ads, Apps, Insights) once you have been recognized by the PMD team as having met the requirements for that qualification. If you lose qualification in any area, you must immediately remove the corresponding graphic from your badges in all locations
- In online materials, the badge must hyperlink to one of the following: the PMD Program Page, the PMD Center, or your profile page in the PMD Center
- In offline materials, you must include a printed URL to facebook.com/pmd immediately adjacent to the badge
- You must keep sufficient space around the badge so it appears clean and uncluttered
- You may not modify or alter the badge in any way, such as changing its design or color, or
combining the badge with any other words or images
- Your own brand or personal identity must be the predominant identity whenever the badge is displayed
- You may not use the badge as a profile image or incorporate the badge into any profile image
- You may not use this badge in any way that implies that you are an employee or agent of Facebook,
or that Facebook endorses, sponsors, or is responsible for your services
- You may not use this badge in a way that is deceptive, harmful, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to Facebook
These policies are limited to the PMD badge. Facebook’s Brand Usage Guidelines, apply to any other use of Facebook logos, trademarks or screenshots. To incorporate Facebook logos, trademarks or screenshots into your materials, you must submit a request for permission via the Permissions Request Form. Facebook reserves the right to terminate or modify your permission to use the badge at any time, at its sole discretion.
In addition to the below guidelines, the Facebook Developer PR Guidelines must be observed when discussing the program publicly (press releases, articles, blog posts, etc.). Failure to do so may result in retraction of public materials or removal from the program.
You will find the Facebook Developer PR Guidelines at the bottom of this page. All PMD press releases must be sent to email@example.com for review and approval.
a. General language
Developers will not use any terms or phrases that refer to exclusivity, partnership, advance access, or a special relationship with Facebook. Examples of prohibited words and phrases not to be used regarding Facebook and your company include, but are not limited to:
- worked together
- continued relationship with Facebook
- special/advance/early access
Developers may use “preferred” or “PMD qualified” when describing your services - for example: “We are a Preferred Marketing Developer, qualified by the PMD program in Ads and Pages.” Developers may not describe participation in the PMD program as “preferred” or “qualified” “by Facebook”; the relationship is with the Preferred Marketing Developer (or PMD) team.
b. Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer style guide
- Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer is in initial caps, and may not be abbreviated as PMD upon first reference
- Facebook Ads, Pages, and Insights API are in initial caps as formal products; ads on Facebook is lowercase
- Social plugins is lowercase
- Like (e.g. Like button) is uppercase and never in quotes
c. Beta products
Product discussions with Facebook regarding new or existing products are considered confidential. Developers are not to discuss non-public products or plans unless provided explicit permission from Facebook even if public documentation exists. This includes, but is not limited to, products described as “alpha,” “beta,” and tests.
d. Approved Facebook language
The Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer Program recognizes companies that have developed technologies in one or more of the following specialty areas: Page management solutions, ads management solutions, services and platforms for building socially enabled integrations, and/or tools for Page Insights analysis.
4/ Compliance Policies
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program helps developers create products that make social marketing easier and more effective. To ensure a positive and consistent experience, Facebook has outlined a set of compliance policies that govern users of our APIs. These policies are also used to assess applications for Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program, badges, and directory.
Please review these policies carefully. Violations may result in suspension from Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer directory, suspended access to Facebook’s Ads API, disabling of advertising accounts, revocation of previously awarded Preferred Marketing Developer badges, and other sanctions. We reserve the right to request documentation from you to ensure your compliance with this policy.
In addition to the policy below, Preferred Marketing Developers must also adhere to all Facebook policies, including (but not limited to) the following ones:
a. Feature requirements
- Full compliance with badge requirements: Make sure your tool set is in full compliance with all the PMD Badge requirements at all times, in all the areas you qualified for.
b. Ads API Policies
- Ads API section in the Platform Policies: if you have access to the Ads API, pay particular attention to section XI of the Platform Policies
c. Beta Tests
- Abide by all beta test requirements: Participating in beta tests is a privilege for select Preferred Marketing Developers. If you accept an invitation to participate in a beta test, you must provide all required feedback (e.g., surveys, data sets, phone calls) by the specified deadline(s). Beta tests are confidential, and may not be discussed externally without written consent from Facebook. Failure to abide by beta test requirements may result in a suspension from future beta opportunities or removal from the program. Developers are not required to participate in beta tests and should decline invitations that they are unable to complete, or have no interest in completing.
The PMD Center is THE interface for marketers to find PMDs. As a PMD, you must make sure that your fill out your profile with as much relevant information as possible. This will make the PMD Center an advertiser friendly place and a great channel to grow your business.
- PMDs must respond to business opportunities that are sent to them via the PMD Center.
- Company admins should check out their lead dashboard at the bottom left hand corner of the PMD Center at the very least on a weekly basis.
- Please note that an email will be sent to the primary location email address every time a lead is created.
b. Case Studies & White-Papers
- Although you are welcome to upload materials you haven't built with our Marketing team, you must make sure the case studies and white-papers you showcase are the results of your work and Facebook focused.
c. Office location requirements
- Have a legal entity owned by the PMD and trading under the same name as the main PMD registered in that country.
- Have at least 2 staff physically based in the office who have been trained to offer pre-sales and post sales support in the local language. Ideally this would be one pre-sales/biz dev person and one separate post sales/support type person.
- Each location should be able to qualify individually for the PMD Program in terms of work quality and customer service.
- Please note that only the office addresses which have their latitude and longitude specified will show up in the map tab.
- PMDs must notify us of naming an official reseller for a given country.
- PMDs must provide us with a copy of the reseller contract with the information on discounts, SLA's, designated territory, expiry date, etc…
- Resellers must be legal entities registered for trading and billing in their country in the local currency and be capable of providing local language pre-sales and post sales support.
- Resellers will have their own profile in the PMD Center, following this naming convention: Company_Name [Not a PMD - Official Reseller for PMD_Name]
Updated about 2 months ago